Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just got a 1060 and it 2.5x'd my passmark score and every game runs framecapped at full pretties on a 4670

this is possible because i'm a loving grandpa that has it driving two 20" dell 5:4's lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i want to get a real monitor but i am not getting rid of these 20's and so i need to bring a tape measure to microcenter and buy my monitor based on its vertical height so that everything lines up like a huge rear end matrix hacker display with the widescreen in center and the 20's flanking

they still look really good and i cant bear to get rid of them, garbage res aside

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

eschaton posted:

plug them into old workstations

get like an SGI Tezro and a Sun Blade 2500 and run Irix and Solaris as daily drivers

someone’s probably built Chromium

nah i got no power or space budget to run old garbage computers

if its not a c2d or better it doesnt get brought into this house. i had my quirky hoarder stage

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
speaking of monitors

check out this crash cart im picking up tomorrow

gonna bolt up my big rear end rack mixer and use the monitor as my twitch gui

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you said your hoarding period was past tense?

?

old computers are garbage.

a 32u rack that i need anyways for my stream audio setup is actually useful and if needed i can turn it into exactly what i paid for it at any time between now and the heat death of the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i thought this was a guillotine at first

oh my god

rackmount guillotines

yesss