Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

last two AEBS iterations had ridiculously overpowered 1.5 GHz dual core Broadcom CPUs and tons of RAM, probably to meet the 50 client limit.

it's also a 4 port gigabit Ethernet hub and as others have said you can hang a USB 2 hub off of it and get a shared disk and printer connection if you wanted.

it has 3 MIMO antennas and with some Macs goes up to 1.3 Gbps (best I usually see is 1.0)

I bought a refurbished unit for 129 that's never given me so much as a hiccup three years straight and I got another on close out at MicroCenter for $80 as backup.

will probably get something different once Apple makes something with 802.11x, but to date.. they haven't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Last Chance posted:

i will use my long cat airport extreme until the fucker dies. its a solid piece of equipment and i curse tim at breakfast every morning for killing it

the only thing they skimped on was the USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0

512 MB RAM, 128 MB of Flash, second-generation 1.1 GHz dual core Broadcom CPU, 3X3 MIMO, beam forming

Refurb price towards the end was a steal at $129 for 802.11ac...

never seen a connect rate (in my hovel) less than 585 Mbps..

• Locked thread