Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the biggest flaw I've started to notice with NXT is that they can't book underdog babyfaces worth a drat anymore. They managed to successfully geek out Kairi, Io, and Dakota in the span of a few minutes.

Which leaves Shayna with...no challengers for the title. At least from a babyface side. I can't imagine Bianca vs Shayna being a must see match. Especially since its heel vs heel, and NXT went out of their way to reinforce the fact that Bianca is still an arrogant shithead heel on the latest episode of NXT.

HHH outright said on the post show that he doesn't think Kairi's issues with Shayna are done yet. Wouldn't be surprised if she ends up winning the title at the January Takeover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey. Hey, WWE. You makin' me sad, WWE.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I agree that Takeover matches do have a habit of kind of falling into their own "style" much like the main roster, but the style is so consistently good I don't really mind at all. It's high skill, frequently frentic pace, and almost always gives satisfying endings.

Yeah, and this is true of almost every promotion anyways, every group of bookers and agents are going to have their style. NXT can be overly dramatic with some bad acting but I take that as just being what WWE is, it's the most soap opera of promotions.

I don't think this was the best takeover but I think it was very good. The Takeovers have just been so great that in comparison they make "just good" look bad.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Happy Roman filled me with such mixed emotions :(

He seems like such an insanely likeable dude

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
This Dean Ambrose chronicle is legit pretty great.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
war games went too long, was paced weirdly, and the Dunne getting locked up stuff made no sense and had zero pay off.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mukaikubo posted:

This Dean Ambrose chronicle is legit pretty great.

It was very good, very real, and also very sad.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the biggest flaw I've started to notice with NXT is that they can't book underdog babyfaces worth a drat anymore. They managed to successfully geek out Kairi, Io, and Dakota in the span of a few minutes.

Which leaves Shayna with...no challengers for the title. At least from a babyface side. I can't imagine Bianca vs Shayna being a must see match. Especially since its heel vs heel, and NXT went out of their way to reinforce the fact that Bianca is still an arrogant shithead heel on the latest episode of NXT.

This feud feels like it will lead up to a 3 on 3 match at the next Takeover. May not need a new challenger until Wrestlemania Takeover.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

This feud feels like it will lead up to a 3 on 3 match at the next Takeover. May not need a new challenger until Wrestlemania Takeover.

I don't think they are going to find a new challenger, considering NXT seems to be going forward with the plot point that Kairi had her shoulders up on the final pin, but the ref didn't catch it. I figure if that's the case, we'll get Kairi vs Shayna again at Takeover: Phoenix, and then if Kairi wins the title there, they'll do the rubber match at Takeover: New York and send the MMA 4HW to the main roster. Since the night after Wrestlemania is one of the biggest nights of the year for WWE TV. And Ronda will probably be titleless thanks to Becky at that point.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

KungFu Grip posted:

war games went too long, was paced weirdly, and the Dunne getting locked up stuff made no sense and had zero pay off.
I mean it made sense in that it meant TUE could beat up their opponents more, assuming they knew eventually that the refs would get bolt cutters to get Dunne out

Man I didn't really think that the Black Gargano match was as overwrought as some people are saying, sure its kind of obvious who is agenting it, but it wasn't nearly as egregious as say the Gargano Ciampa matches

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

IDONTPOST posted:

whens the next takeover so i can enjoy wwe wrassling
Royal Rumble, I assume? They only do a couple big shows a year and it's usually around Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania/Summerslam/Survivor Series

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Y’all have been too spoiled

NXT usually leans on indie style sprints and Ciampa / Dream sort of straddled a line between that and more classic WWF brawling. I keep expecting Dream to get exposed in big matches but he’s not getting carried out there

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
NXT Takeovers are usually what Triple H's idea of epic matches are on the main roster he has himself, except everyone in NXT can outwork and outpace him in his prime. Lots of false finishes, high spots that take lots of selling, and pauses for dramatic effect. It's not the worst, some guys really flourish in this like Aleistar Black and Dream. Other guys are just doomed to be on 205 Live because they're not big enough or charismatic enough, unfortunately like Ciampa, Gargano, and everyone in TUE.

The big hiccup is just if Vince, Dunn, and the others higher up in WWE see you as profitable, since guys like Authors or The Revival should have been having epics against New Day or The Usos, but never got any momentum. Asuka was the biggest female signing in a long time in NXT, she had her streak long enough to lose to Charolette then went nowhere afterwards because she didn't fill a mold.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Gargano/Black had just the right amount of melodrama. As a match I think it was one of the better WWE matches this year. I wasn't that fussed on Ciampa/Dream it was obviously a 4 star match at a minimum but the ending soured me a bit on it. It actually felt a lot like a main roster match with the amount of kick outs to finishers.

NXT is extremely consistent and every match was good at a minimum on the card.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy gently caress that show was great.

After Black beat Gargano, I suddenly became convinced that Dream was going to beat Ciampa and we were going to get Black/Dream II and I got super-excited at the prospect :sweatdrop:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think Dream finally beating Aleister and winning the title from him is a better story than him going into their rematch as champion, slightly. But a second and very bad reign would not help Satan so perhaps it Would not be worthwhile

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That shot of both teams on either side of the rings facing off and then running to the ropes in the middle to talk poo poo before climbing into No Man's Land and just beating the poo poo out of each other was so loving cool.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

After Black beat Gargano, I suddenly became convinced that Dream was going to beat Ciampa and we were going to get Black/Dream II and I got super-excited at the prospect :sweatdrop:

You're a good man, J-Ru

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I liked that show, I thought the women's match was pretty crap even compared to their fight at Evolution, the Riddle thing was weird but fine, Gargano/Black was really bad and felt like it was written and acted out by 12 year olds, but Ciampa/Dream was the polar opposite and fantastic in every way. War games itself was great and really genuinely fun and silly without it detracting from it in any way. So I guess a bad first half, great second half type deal for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The fun thing abt Wargames as a whole is that you get the whole gamut from utter squashes to Rocky-style epics and then you get an hourlong spotfest. It’s a good wrestling sampler