Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

cant wait for all 9 hours of main roster pacing tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

I really wish I didn't have to work tonight because holy poo poo I wish I was watching this with my friends instead.

wow loving rude

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dangerous Person posted:

Excellent show, wrestling is the best

I feel literally exactly how I feel after every TakeOver. There will at least be SOME good stuff on the main roster tomorrow and even if it brings me down some I will still come away loving loving pro wrestling all over again.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

welp that was a fun weekend

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
LoL NXT skins when because I want Ornn Hanson yesterday

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I just got home and just started watching. It's sounds like a great time. I'm going to order a pizza and get some beer and watch a Takeover. Hell yeah

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That match was almost an hour

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
starting a new position at my job monday so its nice to loving be free of horrible crippling anxiety for at least one day out of my entire life

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And the Ambrose doc is on now yay :)

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I don’t drink on Takeover days because the brilliance is more intoxicating

I will probably be drinking tomorrow

This was a great show

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Hanson was my favorie

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

MotU posted:

starting a new position at my job monday so its nice to loving be free of horrible crippling anxiety for at least one day out of my entire life

Congrats! Enjoy the new position!

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

whens the next takeover so i can enjoy wwe wrassling

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

my strategy of "don't watch any WWE except NXT Takeovers and sometimes NXT TV" is working out perfectly.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MotU posted:

Congrats man. If you're not feeling crippling new job anxiety you're an alien.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

IDONTPOST posted:

whens the next takeover so i can enjoy wwe wrassling

January. Before the Royal Rumble.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

MotU posted:

hi five new position at job starting next week buddy

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

The Berzerker posted:

my strategy of "don't watch any WWE except NXT Takeovers and sometimes NXT TV" is working out perfectly.

:nod:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
ty this is the first time ive ever been promoted at a job and not just been told "wow you do real godo work, you should be doing something better haha" and im basically being tasked to help fix a division that has hit rock bottom so its a bit overwhelming

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

January. Before the Royal Rumble.

There are TakeOvers approximately every 2-3 months:

January (Rumble)
March/April (Mania
June (MitB)
August (Summerslam)
November (Survivor Series)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

ty this is the first time ive ever been promoted at a job and not just been told "wow you do real godo work, you should be doing something better haha" and im basically being tasked to help fix a division that has hit rock bottom so its a bit overwhelming

You got this MotU I love you buddy

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

MotU posted:

be the hhh of that division

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I feel literally exactly how I feel after every TakeOver. There will at least be SOME good stuff on the main roster tomorrow and even if it brings me down some I will still come away loving loving pro wrestling all over again.

New Japan is my main fix for wrestling these days and before Becky did all that cool stuff I didn't know if I could get excited for WWE's product anymore. I always forget how much I love Takeover every time

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

MotU posted:

That division is Main Roster WWE...make that poo poo NXT homie.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dangerous Person posted:

New Japan is my main fix for wrestling these days and before Becky did all that cool stuff I didn't know if I could get excited for WWE's product anymore. I always forget how much I love Takeover every time

Hello Me nice to meet Me too.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
ty for the well wishes I do appreciate it :3:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

New Japan is my main fix for wrestling these days

January is gonna be fun

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

SalTheBard posted:

Hello Me nice to meet Me too.

:hf:

Chris James 2 posted:

January is gonna be fun

Hell yes

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dangerous Person posted:

I can but I'm used to optimism leading to crippling disappointment. It's my cycle.

I've been somewhat in Dean's shoes with a staph infection after a surgery. I am drat lucky it didn't enter via the bloodstream (obviously).

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Incredible show. I think Black v Gargano was my top match. Just some fantastic stuff throughout and the ending was great.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm still a little mad I wasn't in Greensboro for Dean's return. :(

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t39MxKa3ULE

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I feel bad for the main roster. Imagine watching this show knowing you had to be in loving survivor series match tomorrow.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think Dean just kissed Vince on the forehead

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you liked it you liked it. And not in the business of changing anyone's mind but I thought Dream/Ciampa and Gargano/Black were while obviously "decent" were really, really contrived and samey with all the leaning on kick outs and bad acting.

I don't think the show actually achieved anything either. NXT is very stale. And Takeover doesn't remotely have the heart it once did.

rovert fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 18, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Happy Roman filled me with such mixed emotions :(

rovert posted:

If you liked it you liked it. And not in the business of changing anyone's mind but I thought Dream/Ciampa and Gargano/Black were while obviously "decent" were really, really contrived and samey with all the leaning on kick outs of bad acting.

I don't think the show actually achieved anything either. NXT is very stale. And Takeover doesn't remotely have the heart it once did.

I generally agree with Ciampa/Dream but it was so so loving good I'm willing to forgive its faults. I loved everything about Gargano/Black though.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

rovert posted:

If you liked it you liked it. And not in the business of changing anyone's mind but I thought Dream/Ciampa and Gargano/Black were while obviously "decent" were really, really contrived and samey with all the leaning on kick outs of bad acting.

I agree that Takeover matches do have a habit of kind of falling into their own "style" much like the main roster, but the style is so consistently good I don't really mind at all. It's high skill, frequently frentic pace, and almost always gives satisfying endings.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

rovert posted:

If you liked it you liked it. And not in the business of changing anyone's mind but I thought Dream/Ciampa and Gargano/Black were while obviously "decent" were really, really contrived and samey with all the leaning on kick outs and bad acting.

*reads this post, pulls kneepad down in disgust*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the biggest flaw I've started to notice with NXT is that they can't book underdog babyfaces worth a drat anymore. They managed to successfully geek out Kairi, Io, and Dakota in the span of a few minutes.

Which leaves Shayna with...no challengers for the title. At least from a babyface side. I can't imagine Bianca vs Shayna being a must see match. Especially since its heel vs heel, and NXT went out of their way to reinforce the fact that Bianca is still an arrogant shithead heel on the latest episode of NXT.