Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Only kids like to point out things that are for children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

:master:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Needo the Greedo

I had to admit to my husband that I was in tears laughing at a picture of a lil Greedo action figure head sticking out of a lady's butthole

He just sighed

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Guy Mann posted:

Nah gaming is literally a giant engine created to convert free time into a false sense of accomplishment.

That's what we call "recreation".

Many people partake in a variety of recreational activities.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

:master:

I will quote you on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU0NLheu8mU

this me though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

That's what we call "recreation".

Many people partake in a variety of recreational activities.

beep boop this does not increase the size of my stock portfolio, biceps, or overinflated sense of self-worth.
:siren: WASTE OF TIME :siren:

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Y'all falling hard for the world's most obvious troll

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

GelatinSkeleton posted:

It’s just goons taking part in one of our ancient traditions, lay off

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GelatinSkeleton posted:

I don't even own a sense of humor

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

GelatinSkeleton posted:

Its one of the ways SA has ruined us.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I will always make a 9/11 joke at the earliest opportunity because of these forums and it's definitely the worst thing about me.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doc Fission posted:

I will always make a 9/11 joke at the earliest opportunity because of these forums and it's definitely the worst thing about me.

My birthday is september 11, irl, so this but x10

I’m at least glad that my friends will get into “9/11/1992 NEVER FORGET :911:” jokes

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I started a new job a few months back and had to stop myself from making a 9/11 joke one day.

My coworker is from nyc.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My birthday is september 11, irl, so this but x10

I’m at least glad that my friends will get into “9/11/1992 NEVER FORGET :911:” jokes

Knock knock
Who's there ?
911 who ?
YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORGET!!!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Garrand posted:

I started a new job a few months back and had to stop myself from making a 9/11 joke one day.

My coworker is from nyc.

When I worked in NYC we’d make 9/11 jokes all the time at work.

We could see where the towers were from our office.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I've been saying "the year of our lord..." when ranting about recent events lately. Like it's the year of our lord 2019 and I'm still on these stupid loving forums. Also have to remind myself that people might not get the acronym TYOOL, or any others from the forums.

Christmas music for me is that one Peezle Ward cartoon from the Flash Tub

Back when I used the Trillian IM client, before everyone was on Facebook, I had downloaded the SA emoticon pack so I could shitpost over AIM

Pretty much forgot how to use the rest of the internet since I always open the forums and/or Facebook as soon as I get online. On that note, gently caress other forums that don't automatically load the first unread post when you open a thread you've been reading.

To make matters worse, my husband and a couple of our friends are goons so I can talk to them about forums stuff without sounding like a complete weirdo. Sometimes I have to remind myself that other people aren't as broken and strange as we are and they probably don't want to hear about that stupid thread I was reading. gently caress, half the time I don't want to hear about stupid threads other people are reading. My husband and I do occasionally send each other stupid pictures and video links from whatever dumb thread we're currently viewing, though. That's always fun because it's either "haha yeah I saw that earlier" or "holy gently caress what thread are you on??" :j:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's a user whose avatar is a developmentally disabled guy wearing a wu-tang clan shirt and the custom text says "bang that poo poo retarded" and every time I see someone wearing a wu-tang shirt I think of it and have to stifle laughter.

There was a guy years ago who had a custom text avatar that just said “ EXCUSE ME WHILE I HELP DOZENS OF MEXICANS FUNNEL HOT TAR UP MY MOTHERS rear end WITH A TRAFFIC CONE” and I always think of it when I drive by people doing road side construction.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bees on Wheat posted:

Back when I used the Trillian IM client, before everyone was on Facebook, I had downloaded the SA emoticon pack so I could shitpost over AIM

I recently added it to my phone keyboard and now I’m sad I don’t text more. The SA smilies are so versatile.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Your Gay Uncle posted:

There was a guy years ago who had a custom text avatar that just said “ EXCUSE ME WHILE I HELP DOZENS OF MEXICANS FUNNEL HOT TAR UP MY MOTHERS rear end WITH A TRAFFIC CONE” and I always think of it when I drive by people doing road side construction.

ummmmm

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's what most construction sites are these days. Hispanics pouring hot tar into a middle-aged woman's rear end. It's why there's so many delays.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"King Kong of Megadongs / Gobblin' them mega schlongs / Makin' sure they mega long / Stroke' 'em if they mega strong" is my preferred bit of forum-av-based obscene doggerel

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Bees on Wheat posted:

I've been saying "the year of our lord..." when ranting about recent events lately. Like it's the year of our lord 2019 and I'm still on these stupid loving forums. Also have to remind myself that people might not get the acronym TYOOL, or any others from the forums.

I don't even know how "TYOOL" started (halp?) but I've already had to hold myself back multiple times from using the phrase in conversations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I have to promise my partner it's not just goatse again before they'll look at pictures I want to show them. I've burned them too many times.

I see loss everywhere now.

E: I also use the term chud in casual conversation. I've spread it to others.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I miss seeing this one:

pooping ain't easy
like a cherry
like a plum
watch out
watch out
I'm dripping live scum

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I usually don’t realize that chud and TYOOL and poo poo like that are sa jargon until someone points it out

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

E: I also use the term chud in casual conversation. I've spread it to others.
:same:

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

- Whenever I hear "it's happening", I think of that Ron Paul GIF with the laser lights, always followed by ronpaulclownshoes.jpg, with him looking so forlorn at his own rally
- I worked in fintech for a number of years and I would always mentally add ".avi" to the term 'Collateral Debt Swap'.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

call center manager posted:

- Whenever I hear "it's happening", I think of that Ron Paul GIF with the laser lights, always followed by ronpaulclownshoes.jpg, with him looking so forlorn at his own rally

You and me both, brother

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also “kill your parents”

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also “kill your parents”

Surely you mean "kill you're famil"?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

- I worked in fintech for a number of years and I would always mentally add ".avi" to the term 'Collateral Debt Swap'.

Using "dot tee ex tee" or "dot jay peg" in conversation if I don't stop myself :negative:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My boss just watched something on Facebook with Yakety Sax and all I could think about was tribute.avi.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Thanks to those brilliant short stories in LF I constantly find myself wanting to say, "Praise be to Allah, Seenyor" whenever something vaguely positive happens.

I also crack up laughing every year when getting my flu vaccine because I can't get the image of Obama menacingly telling an imprisoned patriot, "Now you are immune to Rubella."

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I might actually have developed schizophrenia

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I might actually have developed schizophrenia

Are you permabanned poster N****rstomper58?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

Are you permabanned poster N****rstomper58?

prodormal :ohdear:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Dude used Jung talking about schizophrenia, :cmon:. Leave Jung in the English department and as a weird footnote in the history of psychology where he belongs.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Dude used Jung talking about schizophrenia, :cmon:. Leave Jung in the English department and as a weird footnote in the history of psychology where he belongs.

Unfortunately the history of psychology often focuses on Freud.

Jung was the better one and had some good ideas coming from eastern philosophy rather than trying to diagnose everyone based on his experience with upper class middle aged neurotic women from Vienna.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

- Whenever I hear "it's happening", I think of that Ron Paul GIF with the laser lights

I assumed that was popular enough that it wasn't an SA-only thing. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Tim Whatley posted:

I use the phrase "just lol if" on social media and old people take it like it's a command and write lol, which loving rules

Same. Also I say “lol if you don’t get Enrique to do it” when someone is describing a chore that needs doing.