Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

:drat: that's a rad gift

the camera swivels around, just gotta plug in that snake light and post a selfie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

r u ready to WALK posted:

the camera swivels around, just gotta plug in that snake light and post a selfie

yall dont wanna see my ugly mug

the game boy camera is just another example of nintendo copying sega

of course, nintendo's camera was black and white and sega was in color. i guess if u wanted color pictures u have to hit urself w/ a dead squirrel

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
merry

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

a package has arrived

cool a state of the art camera rig,

like, a red helium or some crazy poo poo wow

oh wOW it is a Red camera!

extra paper and cables too!

thank you duckfarts

merry YOSMAS

I guess target ate my gift message, which was something like:
i hope youll enjoy this cool game my brother worked on, something else will come eventually. also targets system cant support apostrophes in 2018 lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

r u ready to WALK posted:

uh excuse me that is a WORM light get it right ya barbarian

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

duckfarts posted:

merry

merry YOSMAS

I guess target ate my gift message, which was something like:
i hope youll enjoy this cool game my brother worked on, something else will come eventually. also targets system cant support apostrophes in 2018 lol

lol i didnt notice that on the target paper but idk how hard i looked

thank you duckfarts

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

uh excuse me that is a WORM light get it right ya barbarian

it deserves a good sanctuary

https://twitter.com/excitingbooks/status/413161180526411776

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

nice

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

el dorito posted:

I don’t have a personal smartcard reader but I’ll get my hands on one and try out the challenge.

it’s alive!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

obstipator posted:

opened my present from santa! ! (🎅🏿!!) !!!!

was expecting somethibg really expensive

was expceting a really really good gift this winter

something i would enjoy or could sell for a few hundo if i didnt like it

and,,,,

i got the opposite

i got fukced

i got funked in the asswhole by santa claus (:butt::dong:🎅🏿)

I am really happy the yostop still exists but didn't someone install plan9 on it or something

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I am really happy the yostop still exists but didn't someone install plan9 on it or something

yes it still exists, afaik it's been reinstalled a bunch of times. also afaik above post is fake- images are old

:ninja: edit:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

its fake, i am sitting next to the yostop, and more information about that will be coming very soon

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
send the yostop

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
always sned never hodl

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

as gatos will attest it is cursed and very difficult to sned, but i am going to try again this week and hopefully not die

it is still on the original ubuntu install it came with, although the hard drive is dying so ill ship it with a new one as well. i replaced the battery and wifi card

more on-topic, my santee should be getting my gift by thurs!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

it is still on the original ubuntu install it came with, although the hard drive is dying so ill ship it with a new one as well. i replaced the battery and wifi card

install plan9 on it

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

CrazyLittle posted:

quote:

(1) documentary of my life: yes, there are many aliens in my line of work. all these new blockchain startups here in san francisco can't get H1Bs anymore so they turned to the next best thing

book reading counter: 7 times so far

cbs: ~12 times? yeah this was a good yosmas gift

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Well it's the first. I got a shipping confirmation yesterday and a few apologies that some are still intending to send late. I don't believe anyone has been completely silent but I'll check again tonight.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
from the OP:

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

If proof of shipment has not been received by Dec. 31st,

you will be considered a flake and banned.

who hasn’t sent proof of shipment? they must be Banned! theres no excuse

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

did anyone get a package from obstipator?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ok we're at the preban callout phase now.

eide van hagar sent a message saying they were travelling over new years and should have been able to mail it today.

kotex said on the 28th they planned to send soon

vodkat said they were working on something and would try and send in the new year

timwinter sent on the 31st last minute like a boss

farmer crack rear end sent one thing and is waiting to hear from vodkat who had a move what the deal is for part 2

i think that's everyone?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i sent on monday and it should arrive tomorrow

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
the second package my wonderful santa sent came on or around the day

lost in the haze of time ive only this most excellent phone case which *gasp* fit my phone my taste in 1990s sitcoms and mild predisposition towards translation that is funny

more to come things are hectic but it was a score

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

syscall girl posted:

the second package my wonderful santa sent came on or around the day

lost in the haze of time ive only this most excellent phone case which *gasp* fit my phone my taste in 1990s sitcoms and mild predisposition towards translation that is funny

more to come things are hectic but it was a score

that phone case rules

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
That's the true christmas miracle, the smug feeling that you shipped your secret xmas present late, but still earlier than a bunch of other people.

Edit: both should be there by 8pm today according to USPS tracking numbers

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

ok we're at the preban callout phase now.

eide van hagar sent a message saying they were travelling over new years and should have been able to mail it today.

kotex said on the 28th they planned to send soon

vodkat said they were working on something and would try and send in the new year

timwinter sent on the 31st last minute like a boss

farmer crack rear end sent one thing and is waiting to hear from vodkat who had a move what the deal is for part 2

i think that's everyone?

sounds like the first 3 are the only ones to be Banned for not sending proof of shipment by dec 31?

🚷 Ban!! 🚷 Ban from Computer ! ! ! 📵

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

delivered :woop:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
finally sent my package today, can send tracking info this eve

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

also, i should note, my santa said to look for another package but it hasnt come, i hope it didnt get lost in the mail :ohdear:

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Preliminary yosmas gift impressions: is that a hint of cologne coming from underneath the bubble wrap?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it’s piss

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
holy poo poo guys

the yosmas is here!!

a lunchbox! from space!!

hell fuckin' yeah this poo poo is awesome! gj not gettin' banned TimWinter!! :dance:

the lunchbox lights up in several different colors. it can even match my yospos style sheet preferences!!

but what's inside...?

!!!

PURE Vermont Maple Syrup

VERMONT GRADE A DARK :black101:

Lake Champlain chocolates, instructing me to erase memories of peanut butter treats of yore

god yes i want this creamy mouth feel inside me

HOLY poo poo THESE DONUTS LOOK ACE

not gonna lie, i immediately opened that fucker up and had a donut. it was fuckin' good

Thanks TimWinter!! This is awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing those Soviet space blueprints!

I'm not sure I've ever had fancy maple syrup before - let me know if there's a particularly pro recipe for pancakes or french toast or something else so I can put it to worthy use. :)

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

PURE Vermont Maple Syrup

VERMONT GRADE A DARK :black101:

you have chosen

wisely

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
ima do pics of my haul

it's gonna be sweet

so good i had to set it up w/ this post

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
hot drat that's a good haul

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

a manifest(o?) all true

some example of the attention to detail in the packaging to help instill a festive spirit (it totally did)

more of same

and more just because i really liked it. i am like a cat or a small childe when it comes to unboxening and with a box this good you better believe i'm peeling those stickers off

in no particular order: some choice looking coffee wearing adorebs fuzzy earphones, a thing that i don't know what it is but suspect is a light, a lego box set + some sweet mini-figs that i can pose later on request but right now are factory fresh, bespoke pcbs covering up a bluray copy of ex machina which is both choice and v. yospos

how computers work according to ron white, which is something i probably should read because heh, well let's just say once you've had enough you're gonna gently caress and come in the computer and when the little wifey gets all upset you need to disarm her with your charming drawl

perhaps of more interest are the patches which are incredibly awesome all around and will see service on my timbuk2 or somesuch either on an outdoor pack or a work one v0v

close up of 1 of 2 of the pcbs, which is just amazing i was flabbergasted to unpack that much care and felt a little touched and a little inadequate

more of the haul, there are more knives and lights and things but they had to be taken from me during the initial unboxing

close up on the hp12c inc. original case

In closing,
Thank you so much Samuel L. Acksyn. Your gifts were both appreciated for what they were and the spirit in which they were given. The card, the wrapping (not pictured) and the missives were an example of doing it right.

syscall girl
:coffeepal:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
that calculator is dope

also lol at the posting board

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i tried, couldn't figure it out

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Apologies for being the horrible flake this yosmas, my package has now been sent out and should be with my Santee soon.

I also received a package from Farmer Crack rear end:

With a message:

Which just hits the spot, cjs very stressful and house currently no existent!

As you can see this bourbon is indeed very fine and has been helping me greatly this Christmas!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hell yeah man glad you like the bourbon!

i was just a little worried because Amazon was a bit squirrelly about the address or something and i wanted to make sure it actually made it before i sent more stuff, this is my first time sending stuff international

that cold sucks about your house :( i will try and get more stuff coming your way soon

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

syscall girl posted:

close up of 1 of 2 of the pcbs, which is just amazing i was flabbergasted to unpack that much care and felt a little touched and a little inadequate

BOM and post pcb on oshpark plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Kuvo posted:

also lol at the posting board

:f5: hell, same

• Locked thread