Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

got any sevens posted:

City Slickers is a too-often forgotten western that i dug as a kid and still enjoy

Man Who Shot Liberty Valance deserves a better writeup than I'd give it. Probably has a good one in the archived thread

Here’s a good video about The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

https://youtu.be/vDN4L7cAQf0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Some good picks if you want stuff from this decade:

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Bone Tomahawk
True Grit
Hateful Eight

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jack B Nimble posted:

Fellow goon and member of this movie watching party Pharmaskittle loves Ravenous; I watched it with him once and was not on board for the "They Live alley fight but serious" finale.

You’re mixing up Ravenous (western cannibals) with the Revenant (bear attacks DiCaprio)

I also sort of thought the revenant was dumb other than the visuals and the amazing opening battle scene. DiCaprio winning an Oscar for a movie where he’s unconscious half the time and screaming incoherently the other half is real stupid