Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
If we're counting modern westerns I recommend Wind River(2017)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

wesleywillis posted:

Why are so many characters in westerns named "Ringo" or "Johnny Ringo"

Also when I'm watching Grit, there are naturally a lot of movies that take place during or just after the US civil war and I always hear people referring to confederates as "Johhny Reb/Rebel"

Besides Yankee, did the southerners ever have a name for northerners like "George Yankee" or "Jimmy Yankee" or some poo poo?

Billy Yank.

Plus everyone in Tombstone is John, Johnny or Jack. Johnny Tyler, John Beehan, Johnny Ringo, Jack Johnson, Jack Vermillion..

Bonus to Bill Brocius, Billy Breckenridge, Billy Clanton and Billy Claiborne.

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 17, 2024