Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The real Gore Verbinski western to watch is Rango.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

My Name is Nobody is a pretty fun little film at least partially directed by Leone that no one seems to talk about much.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Which version of Three Godfathers is the “canonical” one? I watched the 1936 one and it was pretty good, easily the best Christmas Western I’ve seen.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Just watched The Homesman, with Hillary Swank and Tommy Lee Jones. I have a high tolerance for grim movies, but this was really goddamn grim.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

Mostly just one particular moment, which I absolutely did not see coming and it was a complete gut punch. Don't watch The Homesman if you don't want to be bummed out.

Honestly, outside of a couple of moments it felt like a 2 hour parade of human misery to me. It’s definitely a good movie though. Briggs returning to the Fairfield Hotel was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Does anybody know what type of cameras they shot The Harder They Fall on? In several shots it looked like there was film grit but it seemed compressed so there appeared to be some artifacts in the image and I couldn’t tell if something went weird when converting film to digital or if it was a digital film grit effect added in post gone wrong or if Netflix just has a lovely compression algorithm.