Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sing Along

by Athanatos

Farecoal posted:

yeah, i was there. when it hit the ground, i thought the world was endin'. blast was so loud i couldn't hear for a week! and the shaking, sweet god the shaking! i remember once being posted in a ikea, in california, and there was an earthquake? well, this felt even worse. anyway, i can't quite recall the official name the science boys gave it, but me and the other guys?

we called it the skymall.

:eyepop:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Jerry Cotton posted:

you have to have a very high iq to get brick and mortar

:hmmyes:

super sweet best pal

We shall fight in beachware, we shall fight in sporting goods, we shall fight in gardening and automotive, we shall fight in the clearance aisle; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this store was closed and liquidated, then our branch locations in neighboring towns, stocked and guarded by our fleet of semis, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, our retail chain, with its selection and savings, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the profit margin.

Farecoal

There he go

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
thrown in the gulag by the price patrol for being unable to show my loyalty card

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://mobile.twitter.com/OmarNajam/status/1066212662428631040

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
RED LIGHT RED LIGHT!

DOORS OPEN!

TWO MINUTES TO DROP!

HOOK UP!

FINAL PARACHUTE CHECK!

LISTEN UP, WE ARE EXPECTING HEAVY SALES AT FLOOR TWO AND FLOOR SEVEN

WE RENDEZVOUS AT AISLE SEVEN NEXT TO THE RENTAL VIDEOS

SHOULD WE BECOME SEPARATED WE WILL MEET AT THE INFO DESK ON FLOOR ONE!

WE ARE TURNING IN OVER THE TARGET NOW, ALTITUDE TWO THOUSAND FEET, GET READY!

GREEN LIGHT GO GO GO GO!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

- Furniture store sign in the 10th year of its going out of business sale

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

alnilam

Chill la Chill posted:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

- Furniture store sign in the 10th year of its going out of business sale

Sing Along

by Athanatos
From Eddie Lampert's Farewell Address to the Sears Board of Directors:

I address you with neither rancor nor bitterness in the fading twilight of my career, with but one purpose in mind: to sell appliances to the common man. The issues are global and so interlocked that to consider the problems of one sector, oblivious to those of another, is but to court disaster for the whole. While the Internet is commonly referred to as the Gateway to the American Consumer, it is no less true that the American Consumer is the Gateway to the Internet, and the broad influence of the one cannot fail to have its impact upon the other. There are those who claim our strength is inadequate to protect on both fronts, that we cannot divide our effort. I can think of no greater expression of defeatism. If a potential enemy can divide his strength on two fronts, it is for us to counter his effort. The Amazon threat is a global one. Its successful advance in one sector threatens the destruction of every other sector. You can not appease or otherwise surrender to Amazon in Power Tool Sales without simultaneously undermining our efforts to halt its advance on Mattresses.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 29, 2018

----------------

Vaginal Vagrant

by R. Guyovich

alnilam posted:

scene from Terminator where a machine steps on a human skull in a field of skulls amidst a fierce battle the humans are clearly losing; it pans up and the title shows

CYBER MONDAY

Our only hope: CYBER GARFIELD.

Molestationary Store

STORES
They suck and deserve to die
:v:
Seriously I saw a thing with how many square feet of store space there is per person in the US vs. everywhere else and we have way too goddamn many stores. Amazon or whatever shouldn't get to be the only store ever but we still have an excessive amount. Go away stores!

Robot Made of Meat

Molestationary Store posted:

STORES
Seriously I saw a thing with how many square feet of store space there is per person in the US vs. everywhere else and we have way too goddamn many stores. Amazon or whatever shouldn't get to be the only store ever but we still have an excessive amount. Go away stores!

I disagree.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

FactsAreUseless

Molestationary Store posted:

STORES
You're just mad about the name I gave you

Space Taxi
*Lobs discounted price tags into the enemy warehouse*

Firesale in the hole!

Molestationary Store

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're just mad about the name I gave you

:v: I didn't even think of that, I think being a store that sells stationary of moles is kinda cool really.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
retail is the devil's work, and makes lesser humans out of all involved parties

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Space Taxi
A commando team infiltrates the enemy shopping centre in the dead of night to sabotage the shopping trolleys so they all veer to the left.

google THIS

The inventor of Black Friday was hoping it would be so horrific it would end all shopping.

Sing Along

by Athanatos
Andrew R Jassy described Amazon's market cap passing one trillion USD as a "foul and awesome display". He remarked to J. Preston Bezos immediately after the news, "Now we are all sons of bitches."

Bezos is rumored to have replied "Now?"

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 4, 2018

----------------

Dungeon Ecology

google THIS posted:

The inventor of Black Friday was hoping it would be so horrific it would end all shopping.

Look upon my bargains, ye shoppers, and covet!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
hi can i help you?

No?

then get out.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

google THIS posted:

the classic hubris of salesman

Korean Boomhauer
Brick and Mortar is my favorite tv show

Nosfereefer

brick: *buuurp* hey mortar wake- wake up!
mortar: *yawns* "what's happening brick"
brick: it's these prices mortar! these *burp* prices are gonna get cut!
mortar: ...have you've been drinking brick?
brick: focus mortar! i'm gonna c- c- cut these prices by 75% mortar!
mortar: but thats insane brick!

wearing a lampshade

Haha brick and mortar, classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
“The war crimes proceedings have began. General Credit Card, for your actions in the vain and fruitless attempt to combine Easter and April fools day into some sort of hybrid holiday that lead to the death of millions, you face life in the last remaining Toys R Us in Dayton, Ohio. You will wander the unlit store that’s rotting shelves contain the toys nobody ever wanted, until eventually you find the wherewithal to come outside where we will execute you, or you could do the job yourself with the controversial yet poorly selling Not So Easy Bake Oven. Do you have anything to say for yourself, General?”

*General Credit Card clears his throat, shaking his head and laughing *

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. UPS trucks on fire on the shoulder of I-75. I watched Steam Sales glitter in the dark near Gaben’s Gate. All those sales will be lost in time...Like Sears in the rain. Time to buy”

*General Credit Card pulls out a K-Mart blue light special shard he snuck in and slits his throat*

----------------