Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Yuu will end up with Asuka
Sexy Yuu
Normal Yuu
Some yet unseen Yuu
Serious Asuka
View Results

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

quote:

October, 2018. Girls who live in a provincial city perform a certain ritual.
The girls are in the "Crystal Radio Club." It is an interest circle that Asuka Tsuchimiya, a girl known for her cheerfulness, started with friends in her high school.

That ritual was considered just an urban legend. However, with several conditions coincidentally falling into place, it stops being fun and games ….

Official Web Site (Japanese): http://akanesasushojo.com/

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWn5-0ESjY&t=8s

Streaming on HiDIVE

Starting bets on which Yuu ends up with Which Asuka

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The sudden emergence of a potential selfcest route is intruiging, but I think ultimately a red herring. I believe in Yuu Prime

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This show has really grown on me and this last episode was a very good quiet episode with the Two Asuka's showing how similar they are plus the all time best name for Serious Asuka Siri Asuka

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

It's getting pretty late for them to introduce the Twilight King; I'm starting to wonder if it might be Sexy Yu. Also, not-so-innocent boy is totally a twilight monster in Asuka's world.

e: also, still waiting on an explanation for why Alt-Asuka and Alt-Yu don't need links. I guess it might just be because they travel alone, but that'd be a bit of a cop-out

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

why did you tag this with poo poo POST

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Forgot to choose a proper tag mod can you change

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wonder how the priestess lady in the OP who looks a lot like Asuka is going to tie into all this. Maybe she's the Twilight King.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Forgot to choose a proper tag mod can you change
Done. Please don't hesitate to message next time. :)

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

thread tag isn't AUDIO🔉, voted 1

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm really glad this show didn't go with the "touch your doppelganger and you both vanish" trope, having everyone interact with their alt selves is far more fun.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Chikuwauska is the strongest.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seems like the most obvious option is for the Twilight King to be Kyohei.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Seems like the most obvious option is for the Twilight King to be Kyohei.

Yeah that'd been my assumption for a while

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah that'd been my assumption for a while

Update: Lol

Big RIP, Seriouska. Also, it's not entirely clear to me yet what happened to Sexy Yuu. Is she now sharing Yuu Prime's body back in the home world? Or did she get left there with Seriouska? If the former then lol Seriouska's probably not dead, because I don't believe for a second that they're killing off Sexy Yuu here and she'd presumably save Seriouska.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I still can't get over how silly Chloe's Equalizer costume looks.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I appreciate that sexy Yu is so thirsty for Asuka that not even being the link could stop her.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yuu being a link this episode was as amazing as I'd hope it would ne

Spiritus Nox posted:

Update: Lol

Big RIP, Seriouska. Also, it's not entirely clear to me yet what happened to Sexy Yuu. Is she now sharing Yuu Prime's body back in the home world? Or did she get left there with Seriouska? If the former then lol Seriouska's probably not dead, because I don't believe for a second that they're killing off Sexy Yuu here and she'd presumably save Seriouska.

Seriouska didn't actually die on screen so she probably will be back just in a few episodes cause anime. Also can't believe how invested I was in the hero's winning in this dumb anime I want Asuka and Seriouska to deal with their evil brother now

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well this has been a ride. Curious as to where it goes after that whole mess.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

LMAO @ today's twist

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

LMAO @ today's twist

I was wondering how'd they get two more episodes out. Answers that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I oddly relate to Asuka's coping skills and it's nice the show focused on it maybe not being healthy this episode also

Spiritus Nox posted:

LMAO @ today's twist

God drat this show is amazing in it's dumb cliffhangers. This is My Hime without the bad stuff

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I oddly relate to Asuka's coping skills and it's nice the show focused on it maybe not being healthy this episode also

Honestly, I'm the same. It was nice to actually see it be called out for what it is.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Odds that Sexy Yuu knows that Priestess Asuka is working for Twilight and Clutter?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Odds that Sexy Yuu knows that Priestess Asuka is working for Twilight and Clutter?

High

I thought Priestess Asuka in the OP was another Yuu until today.

Theory:
Asuka's brother is a twin. It's never been explicitly stated, but they do look similar in age when he poofs, which could explain the priestess connection, assuming he's the King of Twilight

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
drat, that was harsh Yu. But well done, well done.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm so proud of Yu.

The whole confessing their love while plummeting out of the sky bit is so extremely my kind of cheese, lol. What a good show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

^^^^^

Well I certainly hope you've watched Eureka Seven then.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

^^^^^

Well I certainly hope you've watched Eureka Seven then.

I've watched that bit!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

aots

You did good, Yu, you did good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I literally cracked up when the Clutter of the week stopped the henshin

Amazing episode that paid off all the work the show did. I was legit so happy when When Yuu confessed and saved Asuka, and than when Asuka and Yuu both fought of the Hydra

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Seriously though, the show seeding the idea of Yuu having a crush on Asuka by having an alternate version of her with a cartoonish crush on all Asukas (plus minor things like their western alternates flirting briefly) and then tying the revelation of Yuu Prime's own feelings for Asuka into the emotional climax of the entire show is kind of a dumbass trick and I'd be annoyed that it wound up working if I weren't having such a good time.

Also the choreography for the whole third act of this episode was unironically a ton of fun,holding up admirably against some of my favorite action sequences of the year. Honestly this show maybe should have been 3DCG all the way through instead of just for action sequences? More than it was, at least. I thought the CG consistently had more character than the 2D stuff, which is rare for me.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 11, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I am not 100% on board with this show (it needs to be either slightly more ridiculous or much less ridiculous) but this was a really fun episode.

Love Asuka’s VA’s performance (as usual). :)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
After the last couple of episodes I was starting to worry the show wasn't actually going to deliver on Yuu's feelings, I'm so glad I was wrong. That whole sequence was glorious.

Also I admire Asuka's willingness to bludgeon a younger version of herself to death with a stick to save the world.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 11, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Seriously though, the show seeding the idea of Yuu having a crush on Asuka by having an alternate version of her with a cartoonish crush on all Asukas (plus minor things like their western alternates flirting briefly) and then tying the revelation of Yuu Prime's own feelings for Asuka into the emotional climax of the entire show is kind of a dumbass trick and I'd be annoyed that it wound up working if I weren't having such a good time.

Also the choreography for the whole third act of this episode was unironically a ton of fun,holding up admirably against some of my favorite action sequences of the year. Honestly this show maybe should have been 3DCG all the way through instead of just for action sequences? More than it was, at least. I thought the CG consistently had more character than the 2D stuff, which is rare for me.

it's the same for Emissary Asuka origin as well. they showed us last week how Asuka felt and it was unhealthy and than went a step further to show another unhealthy version of it as well

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Y'know, it doesn't feel like we're at all close to a resolution, unless Priestess Asuka is actually the Twilight King, or there is no singular Twilight King, or something. Think we'll get a second season?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Elephant Parade posted:

Y'know, it doesn't feel like we're at all close to a resolution, unless Priestess Asuka is actually the Twilight King, or there is no singular Twilight King, or something. Think we'll get a second season?

Not a chance, IMO, this feels like way too much of a B-show for that. Twilight King is 10000000000000 percent going to be Dead Brother, and Asuka dealing with her feelings about that seems like a suitable finale now that Yuu's come clean.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Spiritus Nox posted:

Not a chance, IMO, this feels like way too much of a B-show for that. Twilight King is 10000000000000 percent going to be Dead Brother, and Asuka dealing with her feelings about that seems like a suitable finale now that Yuu's come clean.
I dunno. Like, it being the dead brother is laughably obvious, but... it actually feels a little too obvious? And they already subverted our expectations with the robed figure turning out to be neither Deadbro nor the Twilight King himself, so I wouldn't put it past them to do it again. Like, I won't be surprised if it's him, but I wouldn't call it an expectation.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
So this ended and it was... fine? I mean, it just kinda ended, and everything is okay now? I don’t know how I feel about this.

superLINUS fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 17, 2018

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

last episode is out

wasn't expecting an Evangelion episode, lol

spoiler tags are nice, especially if the episode just came out today and nobody's said as much

I think it was a pretty solid ending, really. Asuka's arc was resolved, and while we never find out who the Twilight King is, I suspect it was actually Priestess Asuka. That said, Kyo's universal disappearance is never explained despite being really central and important, which... isn't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That episode was vague and pretentious and also I extremely loved it, it delivered on its thematic throughline really well IMO. This might be my 3rd favorite show this season? A bit shocking considering how good this season has been.

I personally got the impression that we never actually deal with the Twilight King himself because, with our heroines having rejected the emotional stagnation and repression that he represents, he no longer has any power over them? The twilight can't touch them because they've all chosen to live their own lives and pursue their own futures. That's what I like to think, anyway. I do wish Sexy Yuu had gotten some more solid closure, though. I was sure that The Emissary was going to turn out to be her Asuka - though the actual twist of revealing that The Emissary turned out so much worse than Asuka Prime because her Yuu had to move and couldn't be there for her was a really well-chosen little twist of the knife.

Also, everybody please congratulate Asuka and Yuu on their engagement, I'm very proud of them.