Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well poo poo, just found this LP. Always enjoy Lazyfire's work 👍

I get what you were saying about the animations in the second last video you posted. It looked like Jacob was on loan from International Rescue during that scene.

Programmed with supermarionation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Most of the stuff doesn't seem to connect directly to what Lara is doing at the moment, beyond general locational flavour.

Most of it so far is along the lines of Goes into tomb > finds book from guy who died in tomb > book's text says: "Boy, I sure hope I don't die in this tomb" which is generic enough that you don't lose anything by delaying when we read it.

If it was more, book's text says: "After careful study I have determined that the combination to the mummy safe is 23 left, 4 right, 77 arrgh help I'm being eaten by mummies!" I could see a reason to keep it within the main video.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 2, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Works great as far as I'm concerned 👍🏽

I love that they not only wrote all this extra stuff, but they did the voice acting for it, too.

People often point to the big obvious things which make a game great, but for me it's all in the little details like that.

That said, I am missing all the insane set piece run-for-your-life bits the last game had. Being chased down a mountain by half an aeroplane, running along the side of a cliff as the buildings built onto it collapse. Those were cool as hell.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Wow, that puzzle sucked.

Turn the crank on the door another inch and you get a sound played to let you know something good happened. Don't and you get nothing to let you know you hosed it up.

Why even let the door stop in that position, then?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
"So much damage. Between the amateur excavation and the cave in."

:goofy:

Lady, you have no place throwing stones at how other people go through tombs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It causes me deep nerd pain every time they do that.

In the third(?) Uncharted where they go after pirate island and there are all those simply magnificent old houses filled with books and manuscripts and art and they set fire to them and blow them up and dump them into the ocean and it's just tragic :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well poo poo, no wonder I felt lost, I somehow managed to miss an update :doh:

Lazyfire posted:

I will also say this about the episode: I apologize for the time it takes me to finish the centerpiece puzzle here. You need to get timing fairly close to exact

With the platform puzzle, I noticed that they would briefly pause three times in different positions. If you had waited for the third pause, you would have gotten the timing right immediately.

You can see the pauses in the movement of the platforms clearly here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcUUZYKblCQ&t=770s

You shot the rope arrow just after the second pause, which is why it didn't work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lazyfire posted:

More than the percentage of completion (we're still under 50% at this point, by the way)

Wow, I thought it was going to be 'defend the valley' then rush to the endgame. That's a lot of game left.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
One thing that bugs me is the village people are fit and strong but the game has them living in decrepit ruins.

There's that one lady who wants you to visit all the tombs who is just doing apothecary stuff in a room with no roof and half the walls torn down. Lady, that poo poo's no good for your ingredients.

They could at least show the villagers having stolen all the dressed stone and used it for their own houses, like the towns near the Great Wall of China.

Have Laura run around bitching about having to look in everyone's house because they took the secret to a puzzle and turned it into a fireplace or a toilet or something.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Been waiting the whole LP for a crazy, big set-piece.

Was not disappointed 👍

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
As pretty as that first tomb was, I find it somewhat difficult to believe Lara would be stymied by a wall made out of what appears to be scaffolding.

EDIT: I really feel for you with the tower climb at the end there. Was there even a need to use the explosive arrow at all?

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ooh, I've been in love with orreries since I first saw the Dark Crystal as a kid.

Also, orrery is such a cool word.

And real life orreries can be just sublime works of craftsmanship.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 10, 2019