Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
I second the Alien Isolation recommendation. It's worth a look, and there's a pretty good podcast where they take a bit of a "deep dive" into the AI.

I know it's an oldie now, but I have always found the AI in the original F.E.A.R. to be really great. On harder difficulties they will flank you, push things in your way and just be absolutely horrible to you.

I did some work on videogame AI back in 2011, and it depends on how you define "advanced" really. The Alien Isolation AI will learn player behaviours (e.g. player keeps hiding in lockers, I will now check lockers), the F.E.A.R. AI is cool because it can be hyper aggressive and pincer-move you quickly, and the openAI in DOTA2 shows you how much those microseconds really matter.

What do you mean by advanced? Do you want an AI that learns and adjusts behaviour? Or something that can beat players? How can we help you.... :words:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU