Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
last year I stopped making wings after my partner told me "I hate it so much when you roast wings in the oven. the entire house smells like meat."

wingsnypa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I love it when the smell of Norwegian stick-meat fills the house. That's Christmas.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Had classic franks n beans with Bush's molasses beans, Polish sausage and buttered white toast for lunch. For dinner I made this soup and it turned out very nicely. Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 10 and Mallo Cups for dessert. :cheers:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh gently caress yeah
Make some kebabs rather than wings

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

adolf hitler is holding a gun to your head and barking orders at you in broken english. he is demanding that you make the most inauthentic ethnic cuisine you can. what do you do?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Coronation chicken?

or:

thotsky has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Feb 21, 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I make packet taco beef and then use that as a base for some sort of shepherd's pie. southwestern casserole

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

blowing mr hitler's mind by putting pre-shredded mexiblend cheese on tortilla chips at 30 seconds in the microwave

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

american cheese on potato chips

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I couldn't bastardize anything worse than Altoona pizza tbh

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

i say swears online posted:

blowing mr hitler's mind by putting pre-shredded mexiblend cheese on tortilla chips at 30 seconds in the microwave

I did that a few days ago but I topped my cheesy chips with two fried eggs and some salsa

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Voice of Labor posted:

adolf hitler is holding a gun to your head and barking orders at you in broken english. he is demanding that you make the most inauthentic ethnic cuisine you can. what do you do?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

KFC Chizza

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Ambrosia fluff "salad". Marshmallows swimming in food coloured dream whip, flanked by cheeky bits of canned mandarin orange and maraschino cherry

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

I couldn't bastardize anything worse than Altoona pizza tbh

I don't like that I have to carry around the knowledge of what this is from now on :mad:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Karach posted:

Ambrosia fluff "salad". Marshmallows swimming in food coloured dream whip, flanked by cheeky bits of canned mandarin orange and maraschino cherry

inferior to Pink Stuff

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

inferior to Pink Stuff

Never heard of it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

whoops thought this was the 'hosed up stuff americans do' thread

it's similar but cuts the cocktail fruit for shredded pineapple and pecans. it's lots fluffier

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

whoops thought this was the 'hosed up stuff americans do' thread

it's similar but cuts the cocktail fruit for shredded pineapple and pecans. it's lots fluffier

*looks nervously at Hitler*

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Karach posted:

See you in Hell

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

That stuff is good! Don't forget the shredded coconut.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Round 2

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nice, love pizza

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

people think they're inventing things but that's basically just oshizushi

time is a flat circle
and so was sushi, originally

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

people think they're inventing things but that's basically just oshizushi

time is a flat circle
and so was sushi, originally

Looks delicious. What flavour is that one?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

a pair of polish dogs (with tomato ketchup) to distract him while I clandestinely attach his jacket sleeves to an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys hidden under the kitchen table. in the center of the table is a chicken kiev (margarine filled). as hitler reaches for the kiev, due to the pulley system, the plate the kiev is on is pulled away from him.

I call it the tantalfass

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Made Greek food for a dinner party last night. Keftedes, fried houlomi, chicken souvlaki, SPANIKOPITAAAAAAAA!, orzo salad, green salad, cucumber salad, olives, toasted pine and walnuts, dolma, Turkish lentil soup, baklava, and of course wine.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

chicken kiev (margarine filled).

ack

mycomancy posted:

Made Greek food for a dinner party last night. Keftedes, fried houlomi, chicken souvlaki, SPANIKOPITAAAAAAAA!, orzo salad, green salad, cucumber salad, olives, toasted pine and walnuts, dolma, Turkish lentil soup, baklava, and of course wine.

sounds amazing! I made greek(ish) roasted chicken and potatoes over the weekend, it was delicious and easy. greek food is underrated, at least where I am

Crusty Nutsack has issued a correction as of 16:46 on Feb 28, 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chicken a la Catherine

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

mycomancy posted:

u got a good recipe for those Greek lemon potatoes? I love them shits, I made one amazing batch with duck fat last year that I ignored most of a roast duck to gorge on

ive been trying to make them again and every new batch suuucks

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

mycomancy posted:

The Greeks make fried cheese classy

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

uninterrupted posted:

u got a good recipe for those Greek lemon potatoes? I love them shits, I made one amazing batch with duck fat last year that I ignored most of a roast duck to gorge on

ive been trying to make them again and every new batch suuucks

I do not, sorry. What about them is not happening the way you want?

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

mycomancy posted:

I do not, sorry. What about them is not happening the way you want?

it's weird, either there's a weird balance of lemon and garlic and savoriness or the texture is off. I think I gotta braise them longer, use a stronger stock and more lemon/garlic, then reserve the liquid, then roast the potato till it's got a bit of crisp in the edges and add the liquid back

e: maybe add some of the zest, I hate doing that but it could help the lemon pop more

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

uninterrupted posted:

it's weird, either there's a weird balance of lemon and garlic and savoriness or the texture is off. I think I gotta braise them longer, use a stronger stock and more lemon/garlic, then reserve the liquid, then roast the potato till it's got a bit of crisp in the edges and add the liquid back

e: maybe add some of the zest, I hate doing that but it could help the lemon pop more

I was just gonna suggest lemon zest over the juice. The lemon oil from the zest will let the taters keep their crisp while still adding flavor. If you boost the savory flavor use a very small amount of MSG, like less than an eighth of a tsp.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

mycomancy posted:

I was just gonna suggest lemon zest over the juice. The lemon oil from the zest will let the taters keep their crisp while still adding flavor. If you boost the savory flavor use a very small amount of MSG, like less than an eighth of a tsp.

you can also use a little chicken bouillon powder instead of straight MSG since many people have it already

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

big ol' bag of MSG is a kitchen staple

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

big ol' bag of MSG is a kitchen staple

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

uninterrupted posted:

I marinate the potatoes for a few hours or overnight in the stock/oil/lemon marinade, pour the whole bag in a casserole dish, then let the potatoes cook in the oven until all of the liquid is gone. Takes hours but you always get perfectly crisp potatoes, if you're patient. You may want to turn them at least once when the liquid is gone, so that they don't burn on the bottom

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh that sounds really close to fondant potatoes. they look fancy and take forever but they're not too difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Karach posted:

I marinate the potatoes for a few hours or overnight in the stock/oil/lemon marinade, pour the whole bag in a casserole dish, then let the potatoes cook in the oven until all of the liquid is gone. Takes hours but you always get perfectly crisp potatoes, if you're patient. You may want to turn them at least once when the liquid is gone, so that they don't burn on the bottom

oo im gonna try this along with the zest and a little msg in the stock