Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Succ

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Stonelegs posted:

We need to put in an effort to get people out of the Purity Test mindset when it comes to these candidates and get them to think pragmatically. There's an election to win.

Beto is alright. I appreciate his gradual shift to the center as of late.

yikess

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
beto lost in an election where other democrats cleaned up in texas of all places

to ted cruz

and u think its the pragmatic option to support that softboy against trump?????

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

It's going to Biden or Harris, either of which will lose handily to Trump

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
as soon as people bother to look into biden's 'accomplishments,' like, say, how he helped end desegregation, perpetuate mass incarceration, or 'reform' consumer bankruptcy law, his polling numbers are gonna tank. plus, his role in the anita hill hearings wont be so easily overlooked in a post metoo world.

2016 was the last year biden couldve made it through a dem primary, but because he's loving stupid he's going to run anyways. i'm looking forward to watching him get owned

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
beto is 'better' than trump, yes, in the sense that a clintonite centrist is better than trump, but you don't need to get into some long, drawn-out, multi-year battle over how you're gonna vote in 2020 on the forums. it's a big country and there are more important things you could be angsting about

the primaries are fun to pay attention to and stuff though if you're a weird sicko (like me)

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

Al! posted:

beto lost in an election where other democrats cleaned up in texas of all places

to ted cruz

and u think its the pragmatic option to support that softboy against trump?????

nah, I just find it hilarious dudes are flipping tables because their DSA Darling doesn't fully abide by their scripture

I don't really have a hard preference just as long as they are as neoliberal as gently caress

dirtbag centrist for life

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Stonelegs posted:

nah, I just find it hilarious dudes are flipping tables because their DSA Darling doesn't fully abide by their scripture

I don't really have a hard preference just as long as they are as neoliberal as gently caress

lol source your quotes or you’re a huge piece of poo poo.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Stonelegs posted:

ah yeah beto, a dsa darling. you are stupid

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

Lightning Knight posted:

lol source your quotes or you’re a huge piece of poo poo.

first of all I am a huge piece of poo poo

second of all this dude's reaction to the israel poo poo:

Chillgamesh posted:

ah gently caress you Beto, you made me regret voting for you instead of just writing in my dad or some poo poo

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Stonelegs posted:

first of all I am a huge piece of poo poo

second of all this dude's reaction to the israel poo poo:

sorry you don’t see why people are mad at their supposed representatives sucking up to apartheid states. you indeed are a huge piece of poo poo lol.

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ah yeah beto, a dsa darling. you are stupid

my bad dawg I meant to say something angry about capitalism please let me back in to the smart club

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Finicums Wake posted:

as soon as people bother to look into biden's 'accomplishments,' like, say, how he helped end desegregation, perpetuate mass incarceration, or 'reform' consumer bankruptcy law, his polling numbers are gonna tank. plus, his role in the anita hill hearings wont be so easily overlooked in a post metoo world.

2016 was the last year biden couldve made it through a dem primary, but because he's loving stupid he's going to run anyways. i'm looking forward to watching him get owned

Yeah, I've said before and I'll say again, Biden is this cycle's Jeb! He's gonna get a bunch of early endorsements from big names, he's gonna fundraise really well, media will talk about how he's the front-runner, then when folks actually start voting in primaries and caucuses, it'll be painfully obvious that the base no longer wants what he's selling. Oh, and he's gonna stick around way too long and by the end, it's gonna look really sad (if you're not in student loan hell because of that shitbird, at least).

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Stonelegs posted:

my bad dawg I meant to say something angry about capitalism please let me back in to the smart club

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Stonelegs posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i feel like someone opened up a tomb and the ghost of something awful 2003 flew out to post this

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Finicums Wake posted:

The press and boomer liberals will give him a pass on everything because they percieve Biden to have literally the only thing they care about, "electability"

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

:barf:

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 17:42 on Nov 27, 2018

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

The press and boomer liberals will give him a pass on everything because they percieve Biden to have literally the only thing they care about, "being an old white boomer"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Cuomo isn't running

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
forever lol at people treating media darling beto seriously

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang
a republican is going to challenge trump and win because every single person in the press will be praising the GOP's return to sanity

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

forever lol at people treating media darling beto seriously
i live in what was a beto hotbed in texas and the local democratic party has "how much west wing have you watched?" as a question on applications for paid positions

i'm not making that up

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i live in what was a beto hotbed in texas and the local democratic party has "how much west wing have you watched?" as a question on applications for paid positions

i'm not making that up
aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Beto up, Beto down. You can't explain that

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Red Ryder posted:

a republican is going to challenge trump and win because every single person in the press will be praising the GOP's return to sanity

and every republican in the suburbs

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Stonelegs posted:

succ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i'm not making that up

cenotaph posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

cenotaph posted:

heard it from someone working on a campaign who applied for the job

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
You could be charitable and believe if the answer was "all of them, I'm most like toby!" they just shitcan the application.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

cenotaph posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

logikv9 posted:

*as Don Henley on “Dirty Laundry”*

Beto when you’re up
Beto when you’re down
Beto when you’re up
Beto when you’re down
Beto when you’re up
Beto when you’re down
Beto when you’re up
Beto when you’re down...

(It is a lovely song)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

logikv9 posted:

sure I can!

cenotaph posted:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
I can't wait for this onslaught of succ.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I Can't Get Enough (Of Your Succ)

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i'm not making that up

its your duty to destroy them

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
but what if they had that so they could throw out anyone who's watched more than one episode and thought it sucked
what then

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/KateNocera/status/1067803096657604613

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice