Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/KateNocera/status/1067803096657604613

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
weaver fired like 80% of the sanders campaign staffers weeks before ca primary, so they could spend more money on tv ads in california, for a race that was already lost. most of the staffers found out from news reports before the actual campaign told them they were fired.

which is a big reason why so many sanders staffers still hate him

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

half the staff of our revolution quit when weaver was put in charge, i didn't realize they were hillarymen though

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
to be fair they got severance, but this was the story that came out on the night of new england primaries:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us/politics/bernie-sanders-staff-cuts.html

quote:

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — Senator Bernie Sanders plans to lay off at least half of his campaign staff Wednesday as his battered presidential bid continues despite Hillary Clinton’s being declared the presumptive Democratic nominee, two people close to the campaign said Tuesday.

Many of those being laid off are advance staff members who often help with campaign logistics, as well as field staff members who have been working to garner votes for the senator, according to a campaign official and a former campaign staff member, both of whom spoke on condition of anonymity. Some campaign workers may move into jobs at Mr. Sanders’s Senate office, but others will be terminated, they said.

this was the first the staffers being laid off heard about it. somewhere on my old computer there's a recording of the "welp you're all fired" call that happened in the late evening the next day, but it's not very interesting. but there are definitely still a lot of sore feelings over how it was handled.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's from California in June~

AFAIK, the April 27th layoffs didn't leak to the media before they happened - I heard about them ~4 hours before the first news story.

Whoops wrong article, now I'm on my phone.

They did leak to media first because I remember talking to a couple Sanders staffers who had no idea if it was true, and one guy who was so mad about it he was like "do you want to listen to the layoff call." Even after the call it was not know immediately who was losing their jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme