Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

more than ever the psalm of our era rings true: dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

I'm already fully de-humed and drenched in blood, not sure what else to do now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Warren is polling at 11%... In Massachusetts.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1068248029688459264

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
The midterm thread was PREMATURELY closed, so I'll post this here: http://jamiedupree.blog.ajc.com/2018/11/29/absentee-ballot-fraud-allegations-roil-north-carolina-u-s-house-race/

Possibly actual electoral fraud in North Carolina!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

"those weird hillary jihadists" says the guy with a bernie-as-a-samurai avatar

Zerglingman is back to hillposting--primary season has officially opened!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MysteriousStranger posted:

He's not a known grifter, Bernie is.

Doesn't matter though neither is getting the nom.

Would love to hear from you (a moron) about who will be getting the nom.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bawfuls posted:

Right, but it is incredibly difficult to build a significant ground game in places like CA and TX if you're starting from minimal name recognition in a crowded field.

I had forgotten about the proportional delegate rules on the Dem side, that does change the calculus somewhat.

Well the good news for Bernie is that he already has name recognition and the ready-built capacity to raise loads of cash for a strong ground game in large states this time around. The other good news is that the first states are still Bernie-friendly and California (which moved up) is at worst Bernie neutral and probably a slightly above-average state for him when you consider places like the South and New Jersey.

The bad news is that potential non-Bernie progressives are probably hosed.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

yeah it was easier to make fun of weaver as "lol comic books guy" before the utter embarrassment of the Hillary generation election campaign at the hands of the most insider political operatives possible

There's still plenty to criticize about Weaver. With Bernie's stature coming into 2020 I genuinely believe he can do better, and it sounds like many activists would be more enthusiastic about joining with Weaver out of the picture.

I mean, Clinton's campaign was an historic failure, yes, but we can do better than "not Clinton's people lol" in terms of expertise.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Here's the recent Iowa poll that puts Biden at 32 and Bernie at 19. Other deets: no one wants Clinton or Bloomberg.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/12/15/rel1iademocrats.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lies, drat lies, and DNC-backed statistics