Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the only time i saw any actual criticism of weaver it was from hillarymen who thought he was too mean and divisive to their kween. hes good and i hope he runs the 2020 campaign, considering what he helped pull off in 16

~my bernie staffer friend~ hated weaver

"jeff weaver is a cancer", is a thing they said, for example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean firing a bunch of your staff without notice seems like pretty lovely practice, especially for the campaign of a pro-labor politician. I’d like to see a citation tho.

It definitely happened. Every single staffer working in an April 26h primary state (PA, RI, MD, DE, CT) got laid off at once. The practice up until then had been everybody gets moved to the next primary. Looks like it was 200 out of ~550 total staff.

They got two weeks' pay and flown home, so the campaign didn't exactly leave them high and dry, but it definitely reflected the campaign's preference for advertising over organising.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

to be fair they got severance, but this was the story that came out on the night of new england primaries:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us/politics/bernie-sanders-staff-cuts.html

this was the first the staffers being laid off heard about it. somewhere on my old computer there's a recording of the "welp you're all fired" call that happened in the late evening the next day, but it's not very interesting. but there are definitely still a lot of sore feelings over how it was handled.

That's from California in June~

AFAIK, the April 27th layoffs didn't leak to the media before they happened - I heard about them ~4 hours before the first news story.