Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sherrod Brown is a center-left populist but he's definitely not a Bernie, and has a far less stellar record on foreign policy and has refused to commit to supporting Medicare for All.,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not saying he's out of step with the usual just that given a choice there's really no reason to go for him, not to mention that he is absolutely going to be replaced by a chud with the current politics of Ohio if he doesn't run for his seat, there really isn't any good reason to support him other than "he's somewhat less old", even from a viability standpoint why would you give up on the household name recognition, favorability, and fundraising machine Bernie's last bid built up?

I mean yeah I'd vote for him if Bernie dropped dead and Brown ran, but c'mon, Medicare for All should at least be a starting point for a candidate in 2020, because anything less will end up just like the ACA with a Frankenstein like compromise like a public option that will just create more ammunition for a reaction that tears it further apart.