Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
THE/OWLS/ARE/NOT/WHAT/THEY/SEEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
that’s what they want you to think

it’s because they don’t want us to hear the martians

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

that must be who this VAXstation 4000/96 listing is targeting

(they reviewed and declined my very reasonable offer)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

i remember reading about alpha in pc magazine when i was a kid. don't remember much but the whole article was like hoooooly poo poo its so fast!!!! MS was making very serious noises about the portability of NT. netware was still a thing. it was not at all clear that intel would dominate the server market 10 years later

I have a Motorola PowerStack DT604-133, a PowerPC Reference Platform (PReP) system that shipped with Windows NT; Motorola didn’t sell very many, because they were focused on selling the (ATX!) logic boards to other vendors

unfortunately I think the floppy is busted, the NT4 boot floppy that I created won’t boot

I did manage to get it to request the NetBSD kernel via tftp but it crashed soon after, I suspect the kernel is built for PowerPC 604e and not PowerPC 604 or needs to be loaded at a specific address or something like that

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

we're gonna get purged by aliens who are zealous enlightenment users

• Locked thread