Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I think Assassin's Creed at #7 might be the biggest surprise for me

Is that series really good now

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'd make a petition for Rarity as Trending Gamer but them the curse would fall upon this thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

You're drat right we will!

Hello, my friends! Gather round, gather round! Welcome to what is sure to become an annual tradition in the Games forum providing we don't reach the apocalypse in 2019, it's the Video Games Top 10 Poll of 2018 Results! In the last year we've seen big franchises like Fallout and Metal Gear fall into mediocrity through mismanagement, we've seen a strong resurgence of games out of Japan driven in large part by Capcom's return to form, we've seen AAA developers pushing the boundaries of ethical business practice as a spotlight was shone on crunch culture, we've seen Bowsette. Yes, it's been a year and in 2018 with the gaming industry bigger than ever you can be sure that whatever you're into there's a game out there just right for you. But here's what it all comes down to, which game will take the crown as Something Awful's Game of the Year?

This first run at the thread was a huge success with 59 of the Games forum best and brightest (and also Escobarbarian!) listing their favourite games covering 232 games between the lot of us. With such a wide variety of options available though it was hard for us to agree on a consensus as 45 different games appeared in the #1 spot over the course of the thread. We'll start breaking this countdown down soon but first there's some things we should be keeping in mind...

• The biggest release of the year was without a doubt Red Dead Redemption 2. Rockstar's latest offering was the culmination of eight years of development and while the conversation about their treatment of labour will continue it's undeniable that RDR2 is a rare treat. With an open world that lives and breathes around you and a mature and contemplative story it's a game with so much offer. But will it be enough to claim the top slot in our list?
  • RDR2 might have had the most attention but at the 2018 Game Awards it was God of War that took home the prize for Game of the Year. The game has been praised for its nuanced take on Kratos and unique one-take cinematography but us goons are a contrarian lot. Will we be willing to take the same side as the industry insiders?
  • Case in point: in the December chat thread poll it was Monster Hunter World that took the most plaudits, an award well deserved for its vast world and engrossing gameplay. But that was a simple one-vote poll with far less options available. Will MHW still be able to hold up under these wider voting conditions?
  • The other big AAA release for the year was Marvel's Spider-Man which was quickly proclaimed by many as the best superhero game of all time for its faithful ode to its mythos. However, as the year drew to a close it was getting lost in the shuffle against other releases. Will the same hold true in our poll?
  • It wasn't just the big publishers that knocked our socks off this year as some of the best games around continued to come from indie developers and perhaps none were better than Celeste. This moving piece combined pitch-perfect platforming gameplay with an intimate take on mental health but was it good enough to put an indie game in at our #1 spot?
  • That wasn't the only indie game setting our hearts on fire this year as Lucas Pope returned after five years with Return of the Obra Dinn. There was no handholding in this murder mystery as the game challenged you to think for yourself in a moody piece with a beautiful art style all of its own. Is it strong enough to overcome the competition and win the big prize?
  • 2018 was the breakout year for the Yakuza series with a number of releases and ports to new systems on offer that made the franchise impossible to ignore. But with so many options available to vote for which one will rise above the others to be the most popular and will it be enough to get to the top?
  • Right at the end of the year Nintendo graced the world with Super Smash Bros Ultimate and gave us more smash than ever. With a giant roster featuring every character to ever appear in the franchise and a World of Light mode that included spirits from the entire history of video games it felt like a love letter to the medium but has it done enough to win your hearts?
  • And of course this poll wasn't just about games that came out this year and you voted for a wide array of titles. In particular some of last year's games featured regularly in your lists but could the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn or Nier Automata have done enough to pull off the shock upset?

All these questions and more will be answered soon enough but first let's do some housekeeping. Here's how all the games outside our top 30 ranked.

=217. (1 point)

Assassin's Creed Origins (Ubisoft)
Atelier Sophie (Gust)
Battle Chef Brigade (Trinket)
Bleed 2 (Ian Campbell)
Card Quest (WinterSpring)
Cooking Mama (Taito)
Dragon Quest Builders (SquareEnix)
Ion Maiden (Voidpoint)
Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition (Beamdog)
Overcooked 2 (Ghost Town)
Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
Strain Tactics (Touch Dimensions)
Thronebreaker (CD Projekt Red)
Titanfall 2 (Remedy)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Atlus)
What Remains of Edith Finch (Giant Sparrow)

=199. (2 points)

DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu 1.51 Black Label (CAVE)
Doki Doki Literature Club (Team Salvato)
Dusk (David Szymanski)
Fallout New Vegas (Obsidian)
Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)
Golf Story (Sidebar)
Minion Masters (BetaDwarf)
Splinter Cell Double Agent (Ubisoft)
Steamworld Heist (Image & Form)
Superhot VR (SUPERHOT Team)
Tacoma (Fullbright)
The Elder Scrolls Online (Bethesda)
The Norwood Suite (Cosmo D)
Tom Clancy's The Division (Ubisoft)
Tomb Raider (Core)
Torment: Tides of Numenera (inXile)
Trials Fusion (RedLynx)
Watch_Dogs 2 (Ubisoft)

=185. (3 points)

Caveman 2 Cosmos (Caveman2Cosmos Team)
Dragon Quest VII (Enix)
Frost (Jerome Bodin)
Frostpunk (11 bit)
Insurgency Sandstorm (New World)
Megaquarium (Twice Circled)
Nintendo Labo (Nintendo)
Ocarina of Time Randomizer (Nintendo hack)
Slay The Spire (Mega Crit)
Tales of Berseria (Namco)
Thimbleweed Park (Terrible Toybox)
Wandersong (Greg Lobanov)
XCOM 2 (Firaxis)
Zero Time Dilemma (Chime)

=171. (4 points)

Darkest Dungeon (Red Hook)
Disgaea 4 (Nippon Ichi)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Ninja Theory)
Higurashi: When They Cry Hou (07th Expansion)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Monolith)
Night in the Woods (Infinite Fall)
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Vanillaware)
Paladins (Hi-Rez)
Rhythm Heaven Megamix (TNX)
Subsurface Circular (Bithell Games)
Tearaway (Media Molecule)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)
Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ (Nihon Falcom)
Yoku's Island Express (Villa Gorilla)

=156. (5 points)

Atelier Escha and Logy (Gust)
Conan Exiles (Funcom)
Danganronpa 1+2 Reload (Spike Chunsoft)
Darksiders 3 (Gunfire)
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (Arkane)
Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze (Retro)
Fortnite (Epic)
Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (RUST)
Just Shapes and Beats (Berzerk)
Miles and Kilo (Michael Burns)
Slime Rancher (Monomi Park)
Sonic Mania (Headcannon)
Spy Party (Chris Hecker)
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
The Sexy Brutale (Tequila Works)

=130. (6 points)

Atelier Rorona (Gust)
Battlefield V (DICE)
Caves of Qud (Freehold)
Cities Skylines (Colossal Order)
Enderal (SureAI)
Everybody's Golf (Sony)
Final Fantasy Record Keeper (SquareEnix)
Geist (Nintendo)
Invictus (juzcook)
Life Is Strange (Dontnod)
LISA The Painful (Dingaling)
Lumines Remastered (Enhance)
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo)
Mark of the Ninja (Klei)
Mega Man 11 (Capcom)
New Dangranronpa V3 (Spike Chunsoft)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei (Team Andromeda)
Phantom Doctrine (CreativeForge)
Ring of Elysium (Shenzen)
Rock Band 4 (Harmonix)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Eidos)
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (Capital Games)
The Council (Big Bad Wolf)
Two Point Hospital (Two Point Studios)
Tyranny (Obsidian)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Naughty Dog)

=110. (7 points)

Artifact (Valve)
Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock (Black Lab)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Konami)
Cold Waters (Killerfish)
Crackdown (Realtime Worlds)
Detention (Red Candle)
GRIS (Nomada)
Immortal Redneck (Crema)
Link to the Past Randomizer (Nintendo hack)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami)
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Capcom)
Nioh (Team Ninja)
Raft (Redbeet)
Space Harrier 3D (Sega)
Tales of Maj'Eyal (Netcore)
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Bethesda)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (Bethesda)
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Sega)
World of Warships (Wargaming)

=94. (8 points)

Atelier Totori (Gust)
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Arc System)
Counter-Strike Global Offensive (Valve)
Doom (id Software)
FAR: Lone Sails (Okomotive)
Grim Dawn: Ashes to Malmouth (Crate)
Kirby Star Allies (HAL)
Magic the Gathering: Arena (Wizards of the Coast)
Masquerada – Songs and Shadows (Witching Hour)
Minecraft (Mojang)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice (Capcom)
Resident Evil 4 (Capcom)
Tangledeep (Impact Gameworks)
Under Night In-Birth: EXE Late[st] (Ecole)
Wolfenstein The New Colossus (MachineGames)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Nihon Falcom)

=81. (9 points)

A Hat In Time (Gears For Breakfast)
Atelier Lydie and Suelle (Gust)
Bioshock (2K Games)
Donut County (Ben Esposito)
Dwarf Fortress (Tarn Adams)
Far Cry 5 (Ubisoft)
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Ubisoft)
Minit (Vlambeer)
Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon (Game Freak)
Radiant Historia (Atlus)
Terraria (Re-Logic)
Timespinner (Lunar Ray Games)
Undertale (Toby Fox)

=67. (10 points)

A Way Out (Hazelight)
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Konami)
Destiny 2 (Bungie)
EXAPUNKS (Zachtronics)
Gravity Rush 2 (Sony)
Heat Signature (Suspicious Developments)
Heavenly Sword (Ninja Theory)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Warhorse)
Sound Voltex IV Heavenly Haven (Konami)
Super Metroid (Nintendo)
The Last Guardian (Team Ico)
The Talos Principle (Croteam)
Warframe (Digital Extremes)
West of Loathing (Asymmetric)

=64. (11 points)

Battletech (Harebrained Schemes)
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 (Treyarch)
Stardew Valley (Chucklefish)

=58. (12 points)

Beat Saber (Beat Games)
Furi (The Game Breakers)
No Man's Sky (Hello Games)
Octopath Traveler (SquareEnix)
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (Game Freak)
Unavowed (Wadjet Eye)

=56. (14 points)

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Capcom)
Pyre (Supergiant Games)

=53. (15 points)

Deltarune (Toby Fox)
Forza Horizon 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo)

52. (16 points)

Europa Universalis IV (Paradox)

=48. (17 points)

Crosscode (Radical Fish)
Dark Souls (FromSoftware)
Divinity Original Sin II (Larian)
Overwatch (Blizzard)

=44. (18 points)

La-Mulana 2 (Nigoro)
Shadow of the Colossus (Team Ico)
The Last of Us (Naughty Dog)
Yakuza Kiwami (Sega)

=42. (19 points)

Atelier Ayesha (Gust)
The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories (White Owls)

=40. (20 points)

Iconoclasts (Joakim Sandberg)
Six Ages: Ride Like The Wind (A Sharp)

=35. (21 points)

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Inti Creates)
Cultist Simulator (Weather Factory)
Dead Cells (Motion Twin)
Katamari Damacy Rerolled (Namco)
Yakuza 6 (Sega)

=31. (22 points)

Crusader Kings 2 (Paradox)
Okami (Capcom)
Persona 5 (Atlus)
Stellaris (Paradox)

Welp, that's the busywork over and done with. I'll be back to reveal the #30 ranked game very soon but until then what do you think of the list so far? Anyone see any shocks yet? Anything you're glad to see hasn't shown up?

Another edit, UNIST is developed by French Bread. Ecole are the Melty Blood rights owners; French Bread made a Melty Blood fighting game with Ecole, and Sion Eltnum Atlasia makes a crossover appearance in UNIST, but they didn't develop the game. :cheers:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Excellent countdown, well done Rarity!

Nice to see SoulCalibur VI so relatively high, our crew here's soul burns more than other lists I've seen around. EuroGamer's readers for example didn't have it on the top 50, we've got it at 15, I like it.

And of course we've got a lot of Yakuza fans over here which is great, that got underrepresented in various places. Great to see 0 get so much love here for 2018. I started 0 when it hit in 2017, and finished it in March 2018, so that's a top tier game across the years there. And nice to see Kiwami 2 so high as well.

And a lot of other cool games, glorious stuff folks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Really expected a different top five! Thanks for the thread and doing all of this Rarity. Mods in this forum are pretty rad.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I was pretty hipster but not enough for hipsterest goon I guess

I thought I could have gotten that, I put a mobile phone steam port on my list after all

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Barely started looking at this thread but liked it great setting this one up and I’m a fan of the collected goon comments for each title.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phantasium posted:

I thought I could have gotten that, I put a mobile phone steam port on my list after all

Only play games from ten years ago and then maybe you have a chance :smug:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ya'll scrubs need to play The Missing.

But I'll forgive you all because Hitman 2, Pillars 2, and Obra Dinn are so high.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This was really fun but also difficult. This year I'm only going to play 10 or fewer games total to make it easier.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Accordion Man posted:

Ya'll scrubs need to play The Missing.

But I'll forgive you all because Hitman 2, Pillars 2, and Obra Dinn are so high.

Sell me on the Missing, why should I push it higher on my wishlist?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Rarity posted:

Only play games from ten years ago and then maybe you have a chance :smug:

The thing is, looking at your list I can't even be mad at your hipster-ness, you're clearly having fun and I respect that.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sell me on the Missing, why should I push it higher on my wishlist?
As I said in my list, it intertwines its gameplay and narrative together extremely well and is strongly thematic in a literary sort of way that's still pretty uncommon among games, (It's getting better though, slowly but surely.) and the themes it tackles are still relatively new for games. The Missing is really human and powerful in its approach, it can be really funny one moment and genuinely hard-hitting the next. The characters are great and the ending is absolutely fantastic. The Missing is a must play if you appreciate games as an artistic and narrative medium in any way.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Great to see Celeste and MHW getting goongratulations!

MHW was at the top for me until I tried to sabotage its slight lead for the love of a free-fallin Kat-girl. What a great thread. Hopefully next year it'll be even crazier because more people will vote!

Thank you, Rarity!

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 3, 2019

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I was going to make a list specifically to get obra dinn 10 more points. Relieved to see it wouldnt have mattered anyway.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

As I said in my list, it intertwines its gameplay and narrative together extremely well and is strongly thematic in a literary sort of way that's still pretty uncommon among games, (It's getting better though, slowly but surely.) and the themes it tackles are still relatively new for games. The Missing is really human and powerful in its approach, it can be really funny one moment and genuinely hard-hitting the next. The characters are great and the ending is absolutely fantastic. The Missing is a must play if you appreciate games as an artistic and narrative medium in any way.

That sounds good, thanks for the write-up! /slides it up the wishlist

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Great job Rarity, that must have been a hell of a lot of work.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wondrous thread. Quite thrilling.

Thanks for all the hard work, Rarity!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yeah this was fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

it is all thanks to Thread

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Great job Rarity and thank you for the hard work!

For what it's worth I bought Hitman 2 on holiday sale and it absolutely would have made my top 3 had I started playing it earlier. What an amazing puzzle game that happens to resemble a game about murder. I also got the legacy pack DLC so I guess technically I haven't even started on the Hitman 2 part yet.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Cool thread, thanks for all the hard work, Rarity!

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
FYI bought Celeste 2 days ago, burned through it 7 hours over last two days and beat it.

#2 game on list is good.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

nice thread, good job op and goons. i should play a monster hunter some day but they scare me, i think i'll like them too much.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Loving that top 5, we did it everyone. Thanks for running the thread OP!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Had a lot of fun with this, thank you!

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
Fantastic thread! Thank you for doing this one :-)

Really need to play more of Monster Hunter World, and need to pick up Hitman 2. 2019 looks like a lot more of 2018, and that's not a bad thing :D

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
That was awesome! Excited to go back through the ~100 game list of lesser known ones to see what I might’ve missed.

Help Im Alive posted:

I think Assassin's Creed at #7 might be the biggest surprise for me

Is that series really good now (I liked 2/got burned out on Brotherhood/didn't like 3 then never played another one)

Yeah it’s quite good but also different from the old ones in a big way imo. It’s basically an RPG with a good fighting system now.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've been suffering with the flu all this week but following this thread has given me life. Thanks for all your work Rarity, and what a crazy awesome list! Goons have some real good taste :v:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Great Work, looks like I have a few games to put on my to play list.

I did just beat God Of War, but after the deadline, so maybe I've got a game lined up for next year.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I was surprised to see Monster Hunter do so well, mostly because it looked like a poorly made game when I saw it on some streams at release, I might have to give it a second look.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Rarity posted:

And this award goes to Capcom! They really are back!

Not until I get a good new Breath of Fire and a new Star Gladiator :colbert:

Really though this was an excellent thread that demonstrated a tremendous degree of good goon taste. I already wanted Obra Dinn but this has elevated it to a must-get, while I had no interest in Celeste whatsoever but now am thinking it has to be one of my next buys. Super glad to see Hitman 2 do so well!!

A little surprised to see no Paradox games doing better given how fanatical us fans are, but it's not like they lost out to undeserving titles.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I remember watching people play Celeste when it first came out and thinking it looked kind of bland. I ended up picking it up due to all of the praise in this thread and have really enjoyed the first few levels. The movement feels really really good and it has kept things interesting by throwing in new twists to the platforming as I've progressed. It's a neat game!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ms Adequate posted:

A little surprised to see no Paradox games doing better given how fanatical us fans are, but it's not like they lost out to undeserving titles.

paradox fans are the first to tell you that paradox games aren't great

stellaris is having some problems with the most recent update, ck2 is ancient at this point, eu4 is at least half a dwarf fortress in terms of complexity and i'm not sure how many people even play the hoi series. next year though we'll see if rome imperator is any good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hosed up that DQ 11 missed the top 10 but I'm satisfied* with that list. Especially now that I've played Spider-Man.

My only real surprise is how low VC4 scored.

*Assassin's Creed aside smh

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

luxury handset posted:

paradox fans are the first to tell you that paradox games aren't great

stellaris is having some problems with the most recent update, ck2 is ancient at this point, eu4 is at least half a dwarf fortress in terms of complexity and i'm not sure how many people even play the hoi series. next year though we'll see if rome imperator is any good

What did the newest stellar is update break?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I kept forgetting to vote but thanks for making a great thread Rarity.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Ubiquitus posted:

Currently, lategame performance (Something to do with how trade routes path through gateways/wormholes, last I heard), and the AI struggles to expand properly, it does fine with existing planets it holds but it's slooooow af to get new ones.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ubiquitus posted:

the new stellaris update completely ripped out a whole game system and replaced it (tiles are replaced with pop containers and where the former max population of a colony was like 25, now it is uncapped and can be in the hundreds)

the ai cannot handle it and it actually breaks many of the late game crises. like, imagine how bad 4x ai generally is, and then imagine how bad it can get when you start changing fundamental game rules around

they'll fix it eventually probably but it looks like they were in a rush to get this patch out for xmas

also other stuff is broken like the mentioned above performance hit - there's a new trade layer which has to path across the map, and it gets real dumb when gateway networks start getting turned on and so the pathing has to deal with warp holes across the map grid. but stuff like that is bad performance broken and not the game being fundamentally unplayable by its own ai

of course being a paradox game it doesn't matter that much if the end game content is broken because most people never get to it instead of always sticking to the first 50-100 years of a map and then abandoning it but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Regy Rusty posted:

hosed up that DQ 11 missed the top 10 but I'm satisfied* with that list. Especially now that I've played Spider-Man.

My only real surprise is how low VC4 scored.

*Assassin's Creed aside smh

I really wasn't expecting an Assassin's Creed game to by my favorite this year either, but what can I say! I like what I like. The joy of playing video games is that you can always be pleasantly surprised. :)