Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobertKerans
Aug 25, 2006

There is a heppy lend
Fur, fur aw-a-a-ay.
Offering. Had a new job set up at a local consultancy. Put in my notice at my current job. Consultancy cancelled the new job. So I'm now sitting around on gardening leave putting job applications in and feeling sorry for myself. I'm a mid-level/individual-contributor-level developer, ~10 years experience. Was working on Rust and Elixir backend web stuff for {finance-related company}. Prior to that, was a lead on customer-facing apps (React/React Native/Typescript). Long-term want to work locally, but for now looking for remote roles, ideally contract.

Location: I'm based in the north of England, so it's gonna be Remote
Languages: JS/TS, Elixir, Rust. Bit of SQL. Lots of CSS. Plus somewhat atrophied prod experience in Go, Ruby, C#, Python, OCaml, Elm, Lua.
Frameworks: React (+ Next atm), React Native, Phoenix, Axum, amongst others.
Things you like to do: web UI stuff, web apps, web APIs, microservice-y stuff w/r/t Rust, internal tooling (CLI and admin-ey dashboard-ey stuff). Boring UI styling/accessibility/testing/i18n stuff. Also probably useful to note that I'm originally from a design background rather than CS and still fairly hot on on that; that's generally been of interest to people I've worked for.
Availability: Contract work ideally, but full-time if there's something interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU