Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
xpost

looking for UK goons

Who we are: Financial Software company based in the US

Where are we looking: London, though the job is mostly WFH. Normal hours, down the line on-call shifts but we're pretty rarely paged.

Position: Support/Devops/Monitoring/Software Janitor

Looking for someone to join the software engineering group as a support engineer, it's hybrid monitoring/devops/some opportunity for tool development. This role will keep an eye on our health metrics, K8s deploys, various alerts and dashboards and respond appropriately, as well as play in our Backend API playground to fix poo poo when needed. There is a component of supporting our service team so you need to be able to explain techy things to non or semi-techy people as well as understand requests to figure out if we can hack together something for them. The job is WFH as much as you want, but we would like someone who occasionally can get in to our London office now and then.

The previous person in this role transitioned to a senior QA role that we were able to facilitate by having her loaned out 50%+ of the time to learn that side of the house, so we're very encouraging to have people grow out of this job. This will work very closely with my rapid development team so there will be opportunities to do Python, JS, and Java development, but to be clear I wouldn't categorize this as a software engineering role. I am a hard-rear end about not wanting people working more than 40 hour weeks and we are pretty good about holding to that. On-call will be a thing after ~6 months or so, but our rotation right now is like 1 week on every 2 months and we average 1 page every 2-3 weeks in total so the impact is pretty low.

who are we looking for: Jack of many trades techie person. Some programming is a big plus, at least be able to walk through some source code. If you can do more we'll build your responsibilities in that direction. Honestly my ideal person is someone who is trying to become a software developer but maybe needs some experience and a few more skills to get there. I've done really well with people making career switches a bit later in life, but have done well with new grads too. I'd love to get someone on a 2-3 year road to full-stack figgies.

Salary: It's the UK so everything is complex, but we're targeting reasonable entry-level salaries. Around 55-60k GBP seems to be market, we'll adjust up or down depending on the candidate. In the US this role usually is $75k-$85k in Minnesota.

PM me if you want more info or have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU