Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
The old threads have been archived so here's another try. I'm stealing the template.

Offering!
Languages: Python, Ruby, PHP, Obj-C, C# etc.
Frameworks: Rails, Django, Expression Engine etc.
Things you like to do: Web applications, iPhone Apps, Games
Availability: Can you work a couple hours a day? Full time?

Recruiting!
Languages: as above...
Frameworks: as above...
Description of role: blurb of the sort of person you're after
Contact/Link: e-mail, PM / link to a place for applications

Doctor Malaver fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Posting this for a friend who does consulting.

Languages: C#, HTML5/JavaScript, TypeScript, SQL, Java, F#, C++, C, Pascal, Basic, Assembler
Preferred stacks: .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, SQL, React, Azure
Things you like to do: I have 30+ years of software development experience, 10 of that at CEO level. I've done everything from coding competitions and mobile games to massive ERP things and development platforms. Offering strategic and tactic consulting.
Availability: Part time, up to 6 hrs/day

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Recruiting for a publishing position that's open to developers too.

Description of role: Manning Publications is looking for a full-time Acquisitions Editor. You'll be doing:
* Identifying growing trends in technology.
* Recruiting authors and instructors to create online learning products and books.
* Mentoring potential authors in the preparation of proposals and plans.
* Negotiation of contract terms, royalties and advance payments.
* Day-to-day contact with other members of the team including content editors, marketing, and production.
* Active participation in launch and marketing.
* Managing issues concerning authors, content, and schedule.
* Writing promotional copy.

PM me or go through the site. https://www.manning.com/careers

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Justa Dandelion posted:

Skilled manager of people and product in the food and beverage industry. Currently department head at a restaurant group (F&B director) responsible for the performance of 7 restaurants and 89 employees. Engineering makes me happy and I'd like to break into software development if anybody would have my dumb rear end.

Offering!
Languages: Python, C#, C++, Scheme (barely)
Frameworks: Unity, currently learning Flask
Things you like to do: Games, ML is fascinating but I'm not smart enough yet, analytical tools
Availability: Full time

Edit: formatting

Not that I have anything specific to offer, but have you considered a managerial role in IT?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Looking for a PWA consultant.

Availability: part-time (per hour)

Us
We are a US publishing company but the team working on this is in Europe. We are looking into making a mobile app for our online reader platform (which is written in JS and React). One that will give a near-native experience on all mobile platforms. Our devs have a lot of experience with JS and React, but not this.

You
You'll help our team evade beginner mistakes, you'll help with the offline layer, possibly other stuff too.

PM me if interested.