Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Offering!

I feel like my skill set isn't specialized enough for most job applications. My background is in software engineering. I currently do solution engineering/implementation which has a lot of overlap with devops, though I'm still usually on the "dev" side of that. Willing to learn whatever is necessary.

Languages: Python, C#, and Perl are my top competencies. I have less-recent experience in Java, Javascript, and C++.

Frameworks: Flask, ASP.NET, AWS CDK, uh... bunch of stuff. Technically I built an Angular application once but frontend isn't really my bag. Would rather not pigeonhole myself with something specific as "a $FRAMEWORK developer" or whatever.

Things you like to do: Like I said I have experience both in straight software engineering and solution implementation, including on AWS. I have some amount of soft customer skills, but I'm much more comfortable in post-sales. As an example of my range, in my current role, I've had to take on SAN architecture, frontend development, legacy Java application maintenance, Perl debugging, developing custom integrations between our products and customer systems, infrastructure as code, CI pipelines, and AWS performance benchmarking and cost analysis.

My main experience is in the media/entertainment industry so I'd like to stay in that area but it's not a make-or-break.

Availability: Looking for a new full-time gig.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU