Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

Skilled manager of people and product in the food and beverage industry. Currently department head at a restaurant group (F&B director) responsible for the performance of 7 restaurants and 89 employees. Engineering makes me happy and I'd like to break into software development if anybody would have my dumb rear end.

Offering!
Languages: Python, C#, C++, Scheme (barely)
Frameworks: Unity, currently learning Flask
Things you like to do: Games, ML is fascinating but I'm not smart enough yet, analytical tools
Availability: Full time

Edit: formatting

Justa Dandelion fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

Doctor Malaver posted:

Not that I have anything specific to offer, but have you considered a managerial role in IT?

I've thought about it and I've sorta figured i wouldn't be qualified. Also part of what makes me deeply unhappy in my current role is the constant stress of being a people manager. Also that our company has some really toxic culture problems.

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

Offering. I am a high performing leader in my current industry who loves to program. My only experience is in freelance tools for friends and family. I am currently delivering my first actually well written tool as a CLI alpha version. I have 6 years writing in Python (mostly self taught), C# for unity, C++ for classes, and a programming cert from a local state college. I open and operate bars/restaurants for a living and am tired of 80 hour weeks project managing multiple properties. My catch 22 is that I do not make enough to make much headway in saving, I work too much to do substantial work on my portfolio, and I cannot afford to leave my current job for others in my current industry in town. Recent code reviews have told me that I am capable enough to do this professionally, and I love the work. Junior level programming or help desk, or whatever can get my foot in the door is what I am looking for. I have a modest salary ask, and I am willing to sacrifice for 6mo-1yr to get the work experience. Thank you to any kind goon that has read this far. I really need help. PM for my crappy github.

Languages: Python, SQL, HTML/CSS
Frameworks: Flask/FastAPI
Things you like to do: learn, do things well for the sake of craftsmanship, leverage life experience, provide tools for small business
Availability: Contract/Full Time/Part Time