Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Father Wendigo posted:

The KS is kind of incomprehensible, but I'm interested in getting the chronoscope core. Is the $40 pledge the right option for that?

It's all run through the pledge manager, you can pledge $1 now and make up the difference when they close it in 2021 if you want - the pledge manager is basically a webstore you finalise your order in long after the KS campaign itself is over, and anything you pledge in the campaign is just added to your account as credit.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ended up with 7 add ons as they added another fan favourites expansion. Looking forward to my chicken swarm.

Spiderdrake posted:

Seriously though there's a lot of great addons in this one. I don't remember four having so much neat stuff.

I appreciate the wide variety and change in aesthetic this time around, particularly in the dragon range. They really seem to have followed on from the feel of the excellent big stuff in Bones 4 like the Dragon Turtle and Roc.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I think this is it.

Player Characters
Dreadmere Personas
Kobold Swarm
Kid Heroes
Troll Bridge Encounter
Yokai

And to be honest I could skip the Dreadmere Personas and Kobold Swarm without much regret.

Not a strong showing from Reaper this year (probably for the best based on my pile of unpainted stuff).

Also, shipping April of 2021? Holy cannoli!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Reaper finally put an end date on the Pledge Manager, everything needs to be locked in by December 1 2020

Some of the expansion packs looking good

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 8, 2020

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I still need to figure out what I'm going with. I think the pirate ship and the dockside terrain pieces are on the list. In the past I've gotten paints but honestly I think I'm getting a little paint saturated even though there are some nice ones in there.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I closed mine out this morning. Going with both paint sets and one of the dragons. Keeping it small this time.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I'm splitting the core with one of my gaming buddies,
I wanna nab all the paint sets, the villagers, and the 2 hench folk sets.

I also want to grab the Dungeon Dwellers expansion, to get some more random fantasy models.

It's funny, I only really got into Fantasy Minis last year, after doing only 40k folks on and off for the last 20.

I thought about getting the Fan favorites, but, honestly, I'm not to the big boyz.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Got this weird email from grimm at reaper dot con. The capital letters spell BIRTHDAY so I assume it has something do with Reaper's birthday cause mine isn't anywhere close to now.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Spoilers - https://www.reddit.com/r/ReaperMiniatures/comments/jjpvto/decoding_that_weird_email_everyone_got_from/

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Just got my Bones 5 shipping notification. I only got the paint sets and one large mini but it's happening.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
I was in wave 1 but the dragonfolk are holding up my order. :negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I got my 'shipping starts soon, 4th of July is the last date to change your address' email from the AU distributor Aetherworks

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Mine shipped and is delivering on Saturday. I'm in the US, east coast, and I'm pretty sure I was not wave 1

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

In all three Bones kickstarters I've participated in, waves have been meaningless.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I'm near to certain I wasn't anywhere near Wave 1, and my box is supposed to arrive Monday, assuming it doesn't get held up at the border.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Just got confirmation that they've labeled mine, and I am pretty sure I was wave 8 or something like that.

Cat Face Joe posted:

In all three Bones kickstarters I've participated in, waves have been meaningless.

This is true, it's always slightly amusing because during the backing it's 'Get into Wave 1 and be first to receive your pledge!' but what that ends up meaning is that you wait two years like everyone else for all the planning and production and shipments, and then you maybe get your box four days before wave 5 unless there is some sort of packing or shipping wobble anyway.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
My box arrived yesterday (ahead of schedule, even!) and although I haven't been through it all yet, what I have looked at is really cool.

They shipped to Canada with UPS and a lot of people are yelling at them about the resulting fees, which were a bit steep to be sure. However, it's still a bonkers deal on the minis even taking that into account.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mine arrived and there was more packing airbags than there was reaper bones stuff. weird. arrived safe and sound though, so that's nice. didn't realize the loot golems would be translucent.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005
I only had a chance to go through the fan favorites box so far but these things are some of the best bones I've ever seen. Everything seems to be made out of the darker material that's a lot tougher and better at holding detail.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I backed 5 for a dollar and completely forgot about it, now that they're reopening the pledge manager I was thinking of getting some stuff. They seem disinterested in letting me reset my password, has anyone else been able to get back in?

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I got my box....Ill never be able to say "I have nothing to paint" ever again!

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Got my core set on Monday, had to pay another $30 for UPS :canada: but it was worth it. Current backers need to make a new account if they want to order more from the reopened pledge manager

Sixfools fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 7, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
huh, are the prices the same as before? why are they reopening it?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

huh, are the prices the same as before? why are they reopening it?

Prices are up as they traditionally are post-kickstarter. They say it's cause there's a record number of people who haven't closed out their pledges.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
I actually have my entire Bones 5 order broken up and on eBay at original purchase prices if you are interested in getting the figures now. Got to keep my garage clear, buy less, store less. Core set, a number of expansions, most of the big monster add ons. Been up a half a day, not a lot of views, watchers, or bids.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I was able to get in and finish my pledge today, then was pretty surprised to see people trying to flip what I just bought for 3x on Ebay.

Are you splitting up any of the expansions? I wanted a few models from each this season and ended up skipping all of them.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

moths posted:

I was able to get in and finish my pledge today, then was pretty surprised to see people trying to flip what I just bought for 3x on Ebay.

Are you splitting up any of the expansions? I wanted a few models from each this season and ended up skipping all of them.

Split up expansions? Sounds like work to me. Nope, selling as is.

Judging purely by weight, Dark Depths has the most value, followed by Fan Favorites, with Greek Odyssey and Daimyo on the lighter side.

Most of the $14 add-ons are huge, with the exception of Ildraedis, which is oddly undersized compared to everything else at the price point.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I just got my Chronoscope box in the mail, everything seems good aside from some minor heat warping.

I recall Reaper was supposed to be bringing some aspect of the manufacturing to the States, when was that and what were the specifics?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

My recollection is that Reaper's plan is to long-term maintain their production in the USA. The original plan of the kickstarters was to provide them with the upfront capital to have metal molds made of their range, because that's an expensive process espectially when you are overhauling a whole lot of miniatures. Part of that was a decision that they couldn't reasonably produce the kickstarter volumes of miniatures in their facility, so the idea was to have the molds cut by factories in China, and have those same high-capacity places produce the kickstarter runs and an initial load of new miniatures for stocking - then the molds would be transferred over to the US along with the miniatures, and ongoing production would be done in the US. I have no idea how well that actually went into implementation. I just checked a handful of Bones I have bought off the shelf and they're labeled as made in china, but they could be part of those initial stocking runs. Reaper says their miniatures are made in the USA, but I don't know we ever saw details or updates on the actual manufacturing handover. You can tour their plant though, so if you're ever in Denton drop by and see!

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

Father Wendigo posted:

I just got my Chronoscope box in the mail, everything seems good aside from some minor heat warping.

I recall Reaper was supposed to be bringing some aspect of the manufacturing to the States, when was that and what were the specifics?

BonesUSA are out now https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/bonesusa, the factory is located in Denton, Texas

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Sixfools posted:

Got my core set on Monday, had to pay another $30 for UPS :canada: but it was worth it. Current backers need to make a new account if they want to order more from the reopened pledge manager

I am curious if these kinds of "extra fees" will keep me away from the inevitable Bones 6.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Double post because I got my post.

A smallish box of dark coloured Reaper minis arrived today and for the low low cost of $26 I was able to take them home.

I am less annoyed that $16 of that is tax. I still don't want to pay more on top of what I already have, but whatever.

I took all my bones from all the previous Kickstarters and Ziploc bagged them into categories. Now I have a bag of giants, a bag of dwarf and halfling minis, a bag of spell casters and so on. I am pretty pleased with the new additions. And revisiting all the minis I have makes me keen to paint a bunch of them up to game with.

Is there a good tool where I can catalogue all of my Reaper minis? It would be amazing to be able to quickly look at a site or spreadsheet or something and know what I have in my Heroes (male) baggie before I even pull it out. It is amazing how many fun minis I forgot that I already own.

Reaper Bones 6 will have to include some pretty neat stuff for me to jump at it. Or if I do it will likely be for $30 or less (I hope).

Edit: I do wish the kid adventurers were a little less chibi faced.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 17, 2021

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Got a shipping notice for mine today, scheduled to arrive Tuesday 17th :toot:

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Anyone else at ReaperCon?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My box of far too many things arrived a few weeks ago of course, only missing a single figure (a scrawny vampire from the Van Hellsing diorama), everything multipart had all its parts, so that's a win.

Firstly, why did I buy this

I'm fine with this

left to right: Blightfang from Bones II, Marthrangul from Bones 3, Gauth from Bones 4, and Ildraedis the Devourer from Bones V, evolution of style and materials (I missed Bones I). Gonna assemble and paint them side by side over the next month or so to compare.

After that, I might compare the huge dragons I haven't done yet, the four great old ones/outer gods I hav, or maybe the giant centrepieces like Tiamat and the Tarrasque but those are like a 6 month project

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/bones-6-tales-from-the-green-griffin

No waves this time and only two pledge options.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Pretty straightforward, since all the extras are handled by the pledge manager anyway

The ant infestation is Red Alert: Counterstrike nostalgia

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
The Core Set looks like good value again and my wallet is relieved that neither expansion are tempting for me.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

evenworse username posted:

The Core Set looks like good value again and my wallet is relieved that neither expansion are tempting for me.

Agreed. So far it's just core. But who knows? These things really pile on the options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Indolent Bastard posted:

Agreed. So far it's just core. But who knows? These things really pile on the options.

And right on cue, there's a new expansion.

:homebrew: