Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I got my Wave 1 package yesterday. I have so many loving goblins now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Thoughts:

I really like the new material. It's a lot more rigid, there's a lot less bendy swords. The grey color shows detail better, and the material seems to allow more detailed miniatures. It's very nice.

I don't know if it's a side effect of the new material or what, but the vast majority of the minis require assembly. I don't suppose I mind, but it's surprising how many of these fairly basic dudes are in pieces on sprues.

I have so loving many goblins now. There are 33 goblins in the core set. With what I already had if I want to set up an encounter with 45 goblins I can do that now. I absolutely do not want to do that. About half the goblins I already had were really lovely sculpts from Bones I or something, and the new ones are way nicer so I guess I'll replace them.

Argent the silver dragon is loving huge. Like, probably too big to actually use for an RPG mini. The detail seems to suffer a little from the size, too. It's a neat statue, but I actually use my minis in games so I sort of regret purchasing it instead of another expansion set or something. I'm going to need to get an airbrush or some spraypaint or something for him, there's no way I'm doing this giant fucker with even my largest regular brushes.

I really, really like the Roc. I'm probably going to paint it as a phoenix. The mammoth god in the Lost Valley set is huge and oddly came fully assembled, he is also very cool. Lost Valley also included five female orcs which was surprising, but cool. They were blacked out on the kickstarter image, so I didn't know they'd be orcs. I really appreciate Reaper offering a lot of female minis since my gaming group is mostly women, but I do wish they were a bit less cheesecake.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Mine was only 12 lbs, I feel like such a beta

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I am going to have so loving many goblins and kobolds when this is all over.