Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Anyone else get their delivery notice?

I ordered 2 Baba Yaga huts and a tree of woe, so either they got the container issue sorted out or I got lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Canada.

I just got it. The material is different. More grey and rigid. I like it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I think this KS might have finally cured me.

The giants seem smaller. I will have to compare them to earlier giants to be sure. The tree of woe also seems a bit undersized from what I was expecting.

I misorded an item and added skeletal monsters. Oh well.

I now have so many goddamned minis I can't ever imagine needing more. It might happen that I will look into getting more, but at that point its a mental illness, not a hobby.

The grey bones material leaves gaps that will need filling. Not a huge problem, but just another thing to deal with.

Not upset (except for the skeletons) with this order, but I really should just stop.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 4, 2019

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Are they all the new "Bones Black" or whatever it's called, or is it just selected models with the rest in the traditional Bonesium? (he asked, as if he wouldn't be getting his own ridiculous pile of plastic guilt in probably a month)

No they aren’t bones black, but they are different from the original white bones material. Slightly grey and a bit more rigid. "Traditional" bonesium has changed.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 4, 2019

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Mine shipped, arriving Thursday.

Figure I'll let my kids open them up and play with them for a bit, then ??????? Pledge for Bones 5. Coming soon.

ftfy

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

My bones arrived.

87 pounds of miniatures. My god.

You re-sell stuff thought right? Much less shame in 87 pounds of product.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Nice hut, how did Baba herself turn out?

Bones 5 is going to launch in the middle of the Kickstarter boycott, is anyone planning on crossing the picket line? :toughguy:

The what?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I think this is it.

Player Characters
Dreadmere Personas
Kobold Swarm
Kid Heroes
Troll Bridge Encounter
Yokai

And to be honest I could skip the Dreadmere Personas and Kobold Swarm without much regret.

Not a strong showing from Reaper this year (probably for the best based on my pile of unpainted stuff).

Also, shipping April of 2021? Holy cannoli!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Sixfools posted:

Got my core set on Monday, had to pay another $30 for UPS :canada: but it was worth it. Current backers need to make a new account if they want to order more from the reopened pledge manager

I am curious if these kinds of "extra fees" will keep me away from the inevitable Bones 6.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Double post because I got my post.

A smallish box of dark coloured Reaper minis arrived today and for the low low cost of $26 I was able to take them home.

I am less annoyed that $16 of that is tax. I still don't want to pay more on top of what I already have, but whatever.

I took all my bones from all the previous Kickstarters and Ziploc bagged them into categories. Now I have a bag of giants, a bag of dwarf and halfling minis, a bag of spell casters and so on. I am pretty pleased with the new additions. And revisiting all the minis I have makes me keen to paint a bunch of them up to game with.

Is there a good tool where I can catalogue all of my Reaper minis? It would be amazing to be able to quickly look at a site or spreadsheet or something and know what I have in my Heroes (male) baggie before I even pull it out. It is amazing how many fun minis I forgot that I already own.

Reaper Bones 6 will have to include some pretty neat stuff for me to jump at it. Or if I do it will likely be for $30 or less (I hope).

Edit: I do wish the kid adventurers were a little less chibi faced.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 17, 2021

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

evenworse username posted:

The Core Set looks like good value again and my wallet is relieved that neither expansion are tempting for me.

Agreed. So far it's just core. But who knows? These things really pile on the options.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

evenworse username posted:

I'm sure shipping costs and just general state of the world fuckery was part of it, but there was a lot less in this one that I was really tempted by.

Agreed. I will need to take a good look at what I actually want, see if the core set is worth it after converting from USD and see what shipping will run me.

So much of what's on offer just is not of interest to me. Not even from the perspective that I have minis that fill that gap already, but just stuff I don't want.

So many anthropomorphic creatures. Was anyone looking for bee warriors?

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ashcans posted:

I didn't end up backing this one at all, nothing was super exciting for me and I have stacks of unpainted bones to haunt my dreams already.

I assumed I'd be in on the core so I pledged $10. It looks like I am getting a lighthouse and that's it. This KS was kind of underwhelming. E: I am debating a refund and only losing $1 on the whole deal.

DressCodeBlue posted:

I didn't know I was, but the bees ended up being one of my favorite things of the campaign.

Bug people are cool.

Fair enough. They just seemed so niche I didn't see many people wanting them. I'm glad you will be getting fuzzy bee warriors.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 2, 2022