Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Are they all the new "Bones Black" or whatever it's called, or is it just selected models with the rest in the traditional Bonesium? (he asked, as if he wouldn't be getting his own ridiculous pile of plastic guilt in probably a month)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

No they aren’t bones black, but they are different from the original white bones material. Slightly grey and a bit more rigid. "Traditional" bonesium has changed.

Oh, so a bit more like the not-Starcraft spacemans they had in Bones 3, then. Thanks!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Feelin' a bit jealous/anxious knowing that my package is sitting on my front porch right now getting rained on :(

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

• THAT SAID the Stygian Barge's smaller aspects are pretty warped. Some of the support beams are askew, and the railings are going to need to be reshaped.
  • Also the barge is massive. I don't know how I'm going to assemble this thing, never mind paint it. I'm honestly thrilled at the challenge.
I love the barge, despite its minor deformities. I'm already trying to decide what magnets to put into it for storage and transit.

A couple of things from my own kit:
  • Blacksting the Wyvern is a surprisingly simple build and absolutely gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of Julie Guthrie, and the level of detail this piece preserves from her sculpt gives me a lot of hope for the rest of the Bones line in the future.
  • Couple of warnings about Baba Yaga's Hut: the hanging cage has a really flimsy connection where the chain meets the cage roof; I've already snapped mine off at that point. Superglue may not be completely effective as a fix; you might want to consider running a wire and drilling into the cage to hold it.
  • Also, the Hut's chicken legs do not come off. :(

Really looking forward to (hopefully) less time slicing off mold lines and boiling/icing miniatures, and more time actually painting. :dance:

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

Agramon. Like I said, lots of hands!

Hey, play your cards right and you could do a reenactment of Fistface the Giant!

(apologies to Bad Munki from like 6 years ago)