Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Just got confirmation that they've labeled mine, and I am pretty sure I was wave 8 or something like that.

Cat Face Joe posted:

In all three Bones kickstarters I've participated in, waves have been meaningless.

This is true, it's always slightly amusing because during the backing it's 'Get into Wave 1 and be first to receive your pledge!' but what that ends up meaning is that you wait two years like everyone else for all the planning and production and shipments, and then you maybe get your box four days before wave 5 unless there is some sort of packing or shipping wobble anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

My recollection is that Reaper's plan is to long-term maintain their production in the USA. The original plan of the kickstarters was to provide them with the upfront capital to have metal molds made of their range, because that's an expensive process espectially when you are overhauling a whole lot of miniatures. Part of that was a decision that they couldn't reasonably produce the kickstarter volumes of miniatures in their facility, so the idea was to have the molds cut by factories in China, and have those same high-capacity places produce the kickstarter runs and an initial load of new miniatures for stocking - then the molds would be transferred over to the US along with the miniatures, and ongoing production would be done in the US. I have no idea how well that actually went into implementation. I just checked a handful of Bones I have bought off the shelf and they're labeled as made in china, but they could be part of those initial stocking runs. Reaper says their miniatures are made in the USA, but I don't know we ever saw details or updates on the actual manufacturing handover. You can tour their plant though, so if you're ever in Denton drop by and see!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I didn't end up backing this one at all, nothing was super exciting for me and I have stacks of unpainted bones to haunt my dreams already.