Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

qkkl posted:

Actually using current technology humans can colonize the entire Milky Way galaxy in about a million years. This finding is what pushed many into the Great Filter camp.

I always figured a "hive-mind" like species could conquer space. There would be no factions, no intra-conflict, no individuality or wants or need, and with that an effective use of resources to keep the home-planet sustainable (no civilization killing climate change).

What I'm saying is, if there are interstellar civilizations out there, they are probably like the Arachnids from Starship Troopers or buggers from Enders Game.

As for our species, I could see us colonize the inner solar system "The Expanse" style, but only if we figure our poo poo out regarding climate change on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU