Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Majorian posted:

I mean, there seemed to be a cave-in or something after he saw that Christ had hilariously owned him. But as we know through the Laws of TV, we did not see his brains smushed out of his skull by falling rocks and debris, so he's still likely alive somehow.

Which was a reference to the groundwork laid by Christianity in most of the 'Northern' empires to subversively bring our old animism and folklore into a unified world religion that was modelled after the cosmos. A golden boat just like the Greeks golden chariot. Oh I do love these stories. Just as Islam did in the 'south'. The east was accustomed to the ideas already and on our part of the world after the cataclysm it became the starting point because of the events of the Aztec West, IIRC? The Aztecs literally sacrificed hundreds if not more children because of these beliefs which is why I'm thinking it was the starting point, then again it could have been the ending point of that first 'cycle' with the west being so literal. A quick wiki says later but I did remember reading that some of the ancient temples there where built around and possibly before the Egyptian pyramids which mostly mark history for the 'west'.

quote:

To top it off Bjorn is going to come across as a massive, unlikable hypocrite if he carries through on his vow of vengeance. In the span of two episodes we're going to get to see him go from "I would never want to be in an election if it isn't free and fair!" to salty as gently caress he wasn't gifted the crown, to "I must kill Hvitserk who accidentally killed my mom, regardless of the fact my mom intentionally killed his".

Well he did just bring a fleet of guys to free Harald. So being betrayed by him at that moment would leave him quite 'salty' and not so hypocritically so.

I honestly got quite teary eyedd. Thought the dialogue was pretty poor but then again it is a vikings TV show and it mostly has been throughout. Minus a few good Ragnar-era rap battles.

The way they have handled outlining I think quite clearly the reason for all of ours, and even the worlds because christianity, traditions has been breathtaking and I think fairly well executred. Really enjoyed the Ivar 'snake' and Prince 'Eagle' scene and their budding relaitonship for example.

Catsplosion fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU