Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/vikings-to-end-season-6-final-season-followup-series-spinoff-history-michael-hirst-mgm-tv-1202528772/

Season 6 will be 20 episodes and will end the series. The same team is looking to do another Viking show for History after that.

IIRC this was always the plan. They wanted to tell the story of the Vikings over hundreds of years. I assume the next series will have a time jump and show Erik the Red and Leif Erikson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I kept waiting all season for Floki to walk over a hill and see verdant green fields of rich farmland. Instead he lived in the mud, everyone killed each other, and he kept getting poo poo on, culminating in him going into a cave to find The Gods and instead finding a Christian cross. Then he caused a volcano to erupt on top of him with a yell. The gods just clowned on him all season. :allears:

I did like the bros getting back together and Bjorn becoming king. I also dug King Harald coming through for him in the end.

I really hope they follow through with the plans to wrap it up next season with the Lothbroks and do a new series set later in Viking times.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I think Harald is so sympathetic because he's always so put upon and unlucky in love. As seen recently when he started to fall for that new tall shieldmaiden and she immediately threw him over for Bjorn when her husband died. He's like the Charlie Brown of vikings.

It was also hilarious when she got him and Bjorn to stop fighting and they angrily nodded their renewal of friendship like it was always gonna end that way anyway. HUG IT OUT BROS!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I know a lot of people don't like Oleg but I appreciate his role in the narrative. I mean, I wondered how they would try to redeem Ivar after last season because they said they were. "Pair him with someone even more psychotic" to the point where Ivar is going "Can you believe this nut?" is not what I saw coming.