Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Tehran 1979 posted:

As a character Bjorn would have been able to carry the show but I think the reason they aren't doing that is because Alexander Ludwig is a terrible actor. Not just in the show but in everything I've seen of him. It's undoubtedly the reason 90% of his screen time is him staring at poo poo.

Ubbe / Jordan Patrick Smith should have been what they went with since Bjorn is useless outside of looking cool in battle. He's got the acting chops and he actually looks like he could be a real life kid of Fimmel.

The biggest single critique in my opinion is their unwillingness to move on character wise. They're letting characters linger on indefinitely while at the same time introducing new ones as if they'd made the room for them when they haven't.

It's the Game of Thrones trap they fell into. That's what happens when you kill off the more interesting/charismatic characters after the first couple of books/seasons and then somehow struggle onwards with the B-team, that no one cares about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU