Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

unlawfulsoup posted:

That has always been a charming part of the show. 90% of the cast have their own awful take on the Viking (and now Rus) 'accent'.

As far as the show goes, I mentally checked out after Ragnar died. The show lost its charm and it is mostly out of some sunk cost fallacy that I am just watching it while doing menial tasks. Fimmel/Winnick/Blagden along with Rollo/Floki were the real core of the show, and the next generation just has no charm. Between Viking politicking and fairly silly battles, it just is hard to feel engaged with anything on anything but a superficial level.

Once the battles changed from involving shield walls and tactics and turned into wild, every man for themselves melees, I stopped watching. One of the things that first hooked me on the show was seeing groups of 10-15 people forming into shield walls and working together in combat. But the last episode I watched was one of the season finales with a massive viking on viking battle, and there wasn't any attempt to tactics, just dudes hacking each other apart en mass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU