Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I really didn’t enjoy seasons 5&6 aside from maybe 1 or 2 episodes and the last bits of Ubba’s story. Ragnar’s death really was the end for me.

Moved onto The Last Kingdom, which is a legit great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ninurta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl3Lfap3z5M

The Last Kingdom is a lot of fun compared to the later seasons of Vikings. Plus, it has Shield Walls.
I like the accents in Last Kingdom a lot better than Vikings as well.
Uhtred's is a ton of fun.
"....hhnnnDestiny is ahhhhll.... (smash cut to incredible credits theme)"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Seasons 1-4 of Vikings were pretty good with a couple of great episodes. I liken it to Sons of Anarchy with the same downfall after a certain point where it just becomes dumb.

What I like about watching Vikings and then going to The Last Kingdom is that I got to see Alfred's journey from baby to full-grown man. They even mention in TLK about when Alfred made the journey to Rome as a child and I was like, "hey, I totally saw that happen!"

Also, I'm not sure if I'm alone in this because on the Vikings reddit everyone seems a bit defensive and bloodthirsty, but am I the only one who thinks the Vikings are loving horrible people? Both shows make sure that we see the brutal attacks they make on innocent farming villages where they ride up and just slaughter/torture/rape everyone. I kinda hate when they show us those horrors and then expect us to sympathize with the characters afterwards. Sometimes a main character would die a season later and I was like, "Uh, okay, but he tortured and killed a bunch of innocent people so gently caress him."