Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

and sinners always look good.

Unlike those refs. gently caress 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1068323372910735360

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
the game was entertaining

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Dallas Cowboys did not score in the second half and it somehow didn't matter

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Who was it that called the Cowboys infecting the Saints with NFC East Clownball Syndrome because holy poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*looks at Rams remaining schedule*

Congrats on the top seed, Rams

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Who was it that called the Cowboys infecting the Saints with NFC East Clownball Syndrome because holy poo poo

From the NFCE thread:

Shinjobi posted:

I can only hope the Cowboys trick the Saints into playing some NFCE-style clownball.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMn1inaYYLU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Intruder posted:

the game was entertaining

For all the wrong reasons.

As a fan of both teams, this game just made me angry. Very little positives aside from the two defenses.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ragnarok the Red posted:

How long does the infection last? One game or the rest of the season.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
https://twitter.com/KristianGaric/status/1068360273852010497

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

*looks at Rams remaining schedule*

Congrats on the top seed, Rams

Go Bears

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Despite the results of this game I really dislike Jason Garrett and think he shouldn't have a head coaching job in the NFL.

Just thought I'd note this in case you guys were wondering about my opinion vis-a-vis the Cowboys head coach.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trubs is dead and Talib is alive

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Thurs night games are weird and bad

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Saints O-Line played soft. Peat, Unger, Warford couldn't hold up in the middle. Didn't look like a good team tonight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

cpranger posted:

Saints O-Line played soft. Peat, Unger, Warford couldn't hold up in the middle. Didn't look like a good team tonight.

Perhaps the Dallas D-line played hard.

Lord knows I did.:getin:

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

mastershakeman posted:

Thurs night games are weird and bad

uh yeah the first browns win in two years was "bad", get real. thursday night games own

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Vhak lord of hate posted:

uh yeah the first browns win in two years was "bad", get real. thursday night games own

This game didn’t have the usual problems of Thursday night games because both teams played last week on Thursday.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Can’t believe the Saints are frauds.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I watched the last 15 minutes of that and holy poo poo the refs were bad.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Saints are gonna get wrecked by the Steelers, aren't they?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

seiferguy posted:

I watched the last 15 minutes of that and holy poo poo the refs were bad.

It's the magical game where they were absolutely poo poo in both directions, too.

That last PI call was hilariously awful.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

cpranger posted:

I hope not, I'm still hoping the Texans get a bye

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Saints lost their other OT

https://twitter.com/ByLukeJohnson/status/1068371067335528448

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

iwentdoodie posted:

It's the magical game where they were absolutely poo poo in both directions, too.

It was the right call, but I'm still shocked they called it, as it determined the game basically

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shinjobi posted:

It was the right call, but I'm still shocked they called it, as it determined the game basically

I saw it as OPI, as a cowboys fan. That was a nice push off, and seemed (to me) like it directly caused the next contact from the db.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
The pushoff in the endzone, facemasks on both QBs, that Beasley spot 2 yards in front of where his knee hit, just off the top of my head those were all blatant ref sleepers. Even as a Dallas fan this was some bull poo poo.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Well THAT is bad.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Go The Dallas loving Cowboys Go

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

iwentdoodie posted:

I mean, missing the blatant targeting on Kamara then giving Cole Beasley 3 more yards for a first when his knee was clearly down really made that look like a compressed shitshow.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The refs were inexcusable, but the Saints lost because they played soft as hell, and the Dallas defense asserted their dominance early and often. The Saints D played good enough to win, it was all on the O this time around, which is something you can almost never say.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would also say their head coach let them down pretty majorly. The first challenge was a coin flip, since while you can make the argument it should have been a catch it would have tough to overturn it. The second challenge, even if you think your offense needed the better field position, was a serious waste. Payton robbed himself of a tool that could have turned the game around in the 2nd half if he still had it. Looking at that ridiculously generous Cole Beasley first down spot.

I....hesitate to say Jason Garrett outcoached Sean Payton, because it was more the mistakes Payton made cost his team a ton more. Honestly, the Cowboys time management in the 2nd half was awful. Wasting two timeouts at the line--at HOME--and then compounding that with receivers catching balls and stepping out of bounds. Had the Cowboys bled the clock more, maybe it doesn't come down to a retarded QB fumble/insanely lucky game ending INT. Hell, if the Cowboys kept all three TOs they give themselves some breathing room if in fact the Saints manage to score another touchdown. Cowboys D played well, Cowboys O played...well enough, but boy oh boy this game had a million what ifs floating around in it.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I had Dallas beating New Orleans as a distant, minute probability that would involve some 2016 Dak play making to happen. If anyone had predicted that Dallas would be able to win with only 13 points scored, I would now belive that person to have access to some sort of time machine, because there is no way that happens to this year's Saints. What the gently caress happened NO? You rode roughshod all over the Eagles, but Dallas infects you with NFCEast Clownball Syndrome?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This is my personal hell. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I had Dallas beating New Orleans as a distant, minute probability that would involve some 2016 Dak play making to happen. If anyone had predicted that Dallas would be able to win with only 13 points scored, I would now belive that person to have access to some sort of time machine, because there is no way that happens to this year's Saints. What the gently caress happened NO? You rode roughshod all over the Eagles, but Dallas infects you with NFCEast Clownball Syndrome?

Clown ball is so strong with the cowboys that it doesn't matter who they play. Someone is making GBS threads the bed, this time it happened to be the Saints while the refs were eating paste.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Already super loving tired of hearing about this GRITTY LUNCHPAIL Vanderesch guy. For some reason I get the intuition that the sports media won't be able to shut up about him for the next five years at least. Defense Carson Wentz on the Dallas Cowboys is going to be a special kind of annoying.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Shinjobi posted:

I would also say their head coach let them down pretty majorly. The first challenge was a coin flip, since while you can make the argument it should have been a catch it would have tough to overturn it. The second challenge, even if you think your offense needed the better field position, was a serious waste. Payton robbed himself of a tool that could have turned the game around in the 2nd half if he still had it. Looking at that ridiculously generous Cole Beasley first down spot.

I....hesitate to say Jason Garrett outcoached Sean Payton, because it was more the mistakes Payton made cost his team a ton more. Honestly, the Cowboys time management in the 2nd half was awful. Wasting two timeouts at the line--at HOME--and then compounding that with receivers catching balls and stepping out of bounds. Had the Cowboys bled the clock more, maybe it doesn't come down to a retarded QB fumble/insanely lucky game ending INT. Hell, if the Cowboys kept all three TOs they give themselves some breathing room if in fact the Saints manage to score another touchdown. Cowboys D played well, Cowboys O played...well enough, but boy oh boy this game had a million what ifs floating around in it.

The 2nd challenge got the ball on the 6 yard line. The Saints score a touchdown and that’s a game winning challenge. Saving challenges for later is a dumb strategy if you can put points on the board in the first half.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

cpranger posted:

Depends. If it immediately follows an embarrassing loss to the Raiders or a heartbreaking millionth loss to the Pats, they will likely destroy them. If they somehow beat the Patriots, the Saints will win by 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Thursday Night Games: Still not ideal