Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cash Monet posted:

Thursday Night Games: Still not ideal

Both teams had a full week of rest my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Oh, that's right.

I'll stand by my ignorance tho.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It's dumb as hell that you can lose challenges when you get them right.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

a neat cape posted:

Both teams had a full week of rest my dude

Might not all be about the rest, perhaps

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Kawalimus posted:

It's dumb as hell that you can lose challenges when you get them right.

Perhaps, but last night's game would have been twice as long due to how many poo poo calls would have been overturned.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I still can't believe Kamara was killed and no flag was thrown

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

I still can't believe Kamara was killed and no flag was thrown

That was by far the biggest whiff of a call last night imo. That was the very definition of leading with the crown of the helmet AND he even left his feet and launched. So bad.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

The only thing better than the Cowboys losing is the Saints losing. Game delivered.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Lote posted:

For all the wrong reasons.

As a fan of both teams, this game just made me angry. Very little positives aside from the two defenses.

Defense is half the game my man. That makes at least half this game a positive, maybe you didn't really think this through

iwentdoodie posted:

Clown ball is so strong with the cowboys that it doesn't matter who they play. Someone is making GBS threads the bed, this time it happened to be the Saints while the refs were eating paste.

The Cowboys do this all the time too. Sometimes they come out and just look bigger and more physical than the other team and it's almost like they're playing two different games. Dallas didn't allow the Saints to play their game, they made it a physical slugfest instead which played to their strengths. I feel like one surprising Cowboys win per season is the minimum

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Well we saw the last two weeks how good the Browns can look when everything goes right, now we’re back to familiar territory where everything goes wrong.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Colts suck again and all is right with the world

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns, drat, that was ugly. At least you adjusted after the half but goddamn. Goddamn. The score should have been 20-29 at least. 3 Ints for Baker suck since they came back to hurt.

Well, it was gonna be difficult, so let's hope the Browns come back next week.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well this is a week for upsets.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Browns had a drive in which they had two 70+ yard plays and didn't score

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I am pretty surprised at how great the BAL defense was today against a good offense

I am even more surprised at how loving inept ATL was against the run. they knew BAL was gonna run almost every play and it didn't even matter

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I am pretty surprised at how great the BAL defense was today against a good offense

I am even more surprised at how loving inept ATL was against the run. they knew BAL was gonna run almost every play and it didn't even matter

With Jackson/Edwards dual threat it's probably hard to keep track of. And if Jackson starts completing more of those rollout plays it will be that much harder to ever do anything about. Was kinda disappointing he missed on most longer attempts today, that one play JOhn Brown was wide open.

Loved that last drive though. The Jackson fake handoff to Dixon was very convincing and having him in there as that threat makes it so much easier to close out a game.

No picks for Jackson today but he did have that bad fumble play. Griffin did good in his stint.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Aaron rodgers just lost to the cardinals

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

At home no less. Very surprised to see that. GB has to fire their coach.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears are going to lose the nfc north

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I said it in another thread, but a win today for Houston solidifies to me that people should take them more seriously. Yeah the Browns got unlucky a few times, but a part of that was Houston came in ready to play.

Considering the Browns record I know this sounds insane, but I do consider this the first standout win in the Texans streak that has me re-evaluating them and their chances in the postseason.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Awful lot of clownball this week

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

sweet thursday posted:

:toot: i'm ok with the cardinals somehow being the packers' kryptonite

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AndrewP posted:

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to Falcon football in tyool 2018.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are pulling me back in

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Fire Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay into the sun. Allen looks better every week. Once he gets receivers that know how to catch he might be ok.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Wrong thread

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Dolphins won because of bullshit penalties

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

pasaluki posted:

Josh Allen had -9 passing yards in the 1st quarter what kind of bullshit penalty is that

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kawalimus posted:

At home no less. Very surprised to see that. GB has to fire their coach.

They just need to fire and release everyone and have an expansion draft

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

pasaluki posted:

DPI on Milano was bullshit, otherwise I think the Bills beat themselves today. Why does Danny Crossman still have a job, ST murdered the Bills today

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Josh Allen underthrew a dude in the end zone who had no one within fifteen yards of him, but the ball still hit him in the hands and he dropped it

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
First the pass interference on Milano followed by the 15 yard penalty for dude celebrating a good play. loving gifted the fish 7 points.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

The fix was in the whole time!

https://twitter.com/matthewfairburn/status/1069339214591025154?s=21

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens are pulling me back in

Yeah I'm definitely back in. The defense also seems to have found itself after a small hangover post-Saints.

I think while Flacco is objectively the better QB at this point, Jackson just fits what this team is doing better. We can dominate time of possession and keep our D fresh which is super important for a guy like Suggs.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

Josh Allen underthrew a dude in the end zone who had no one within fifteen yards of him, but the ball still hit him in the hands and he dropped it

loving refs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to Falcon football in tyool 2018.

It's funny because I keep looking at highlights and thinking man, 4-7? Must have had a lot of bad luck this season.

Now I see why they're 4-8.

Also I just remembered that one of the Falcons' TDs was a fumble recovery and I'm even more impressed at this Ravens defense.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Kill all refs.
Kill all Dolphins.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

If we can add some great RB to our team this offseason (I don't trust the current crop to stay good) I think this can be a real great offense next year provided Jackson keeps improving.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all are really burying the lede here

sweet thursday posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jerry “pasaluki” Hughes

https://twitter.com/jonscotttv/status/1069339212732907524?s=21