Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Athanatos posted:

Josh Allen had -9 passing yards in the 1st quarter what kind of bullshit penalty is that

Allen can throw the ball so drat hard it goes backwards. The Bills did mostly beat themselves though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey maybe using your QB as a battering ram for his entire career wasn't the best decision i dunno

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Threatening refs probably not going to be good for future playing time.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Allen can throw the ball so drat hard it goes backwards. The Bills did mostly beat themselves though.

Who had the avatar of Alex Smith(?) throwing backwards and the text was something like "to his credit, that's still impressive"

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

If we can add some great RB to our team this offseason (I don't trust the current crop to stay good) I think this can be a real great offense next year provided Jackson keeps improving.

what about Fire Harbs tho

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

what about Fire Harbs tho

No. As much as I'd like to fire that dunce into the sky, if Jackson keeps doing welll it's super important to not change the entire system on him this offseason. Jackson's success is insanely important to this team's future and if keeping Harbaugh around for a few more years is the best thing for that then by all means do what you gotta.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AndrewP posted:

It's funny because I keep looking at highlights and thinking man, 4-7? Must have had a lot of bad luck this season.

Now I see why they're 4-8.

Also I just remembered that one of the Falcons' TDs was a fumble recovery and I'm even more impressed at this Ravens defense.

Injuries. Weve been decimated by injuries to key players. Last 3 weeks the effort has been crap to boot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bears, Jared Goff, Colts and Panthers are frauds

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

No. As much as I'd like to fire that dunce into the sky, if Jackson keeps doing welll it's super important to not change the entire system on him this offseason. Jackson's success is insanely important to this team's future and if keeping Harbaugh around for a few more years is the best thing for that then by all means do what you gotta.

It sounds like you're saying they should go with Jackson in 2019 and cut ties with Flacco?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

greg tearing up :smith:

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1069342109675720704

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This season kinda sucks.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

It sounds like you're saying they should go with Jackson in 2019 and cut ties with Flacco?

I think you have to. Jackson hasn't been a disaster at all and there's also cap stuff I don't understand that I think makes this offseason the time to make a decision on Flacco. And I don't see at this point how sitting Jackson for longer is going to help him. I think you need to go with Jackson and find him a less expensive but decent backup. Because with his style there's going to be injuries and a full 16 games is unlikely for Jackson.

Let Jackson play the rest of the season, figure out the main things he needs to work on and do that in the offseason. I wish it was under another coach than Harbaugh but he's what we have to work with right now. Maybe we'll have that fantasy scenario where our next backup can sorta coach him or something. Idk.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

lol what a little bitch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why the long face

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
A fun fact is that the Packers current game plan is living off of home run balls. Not kidding. That's why there really aren't checkdown options.

Fire McCarthy and Philbin and Zook

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Probably the next season is when football will be good. i'll watch it big time.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Athanatos posted:

Obviously agree but lets just say I can see why he was pissed.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1069350873241960450

WOOF WOOF WOOF

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
That hat is the best though

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

What a oval office

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Hats are for closers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Yeah well you haven’t heard Hughes’s side of the story.

https://twitter.com/matthewfairburn/status/1069351817610436608?s=21

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe he was concussed

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

He doesn't remember it like refs don't remember terrible no calls.

good defense imo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

THe ref actually said "Bills bitch" and he misheard

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AndrewP posted:

I am pretty surprised at how great the BAL defense was today against a good offense

I am even more surprised at how loving inept ATL was against the run. they knew BAL was gonna run almost every play and it didn't even matter

ATL is pretty bad this year, and should no way be used as a measuring stick for how good your team is

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

ATL is pretty bad this year, and should no way be used as a measuring stick for how good your team is

Ravens also had been pretty bad for a few weeks, so seeing us look more like we did earlier in the season against Atlanta is encouraging. Since the Bengals game we've looked slightly better each week. We were better today on the road than we were at home against Oakland, another bad team.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

fsif posted:

Yeah well you haven’t heard Hughes’s side of the story.

https://twitter.com/matthewfairburn/status/1069351817610436608?s=21

Ah yes, the Shaggy Defense.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yes, yes, interesting, but have you considered that aaron Rodgers just got beat by the cardinals in his own living room?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Wildcat may not work in Chicago, but it works in Kansas City. :smuggo:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Athanatos posted:

Ah yes, the Shaggy Defense.

Jerry just saw the Dolphins and the referees butt naked banging on the bathroom floor.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Strobe posted:

The Wildcat may not work in Chicago, but it works in Kansas City. :smuggo:

CHICAGO'S BIG TEN WILD CAT WON THE BIG TEN WEST

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hot Diggity! posted:

A fun fact is that the Packers current game plan is living off of home run balls. Not kidding. That's why there really aren't checkdown options.

Fire McCarthy and Philbin and Zook

Well, you got part of your wish.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Zook is just as culpable. I've literally not seen a single ST play that I thought was good. Plenty of bad ones though.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Can we just appreciate the center of the earth take from Tony Dungy during the pregame show?

"You don''t fire a super bowl winning coach mid season"

When confronted with how few shits the entire team gives "they need new players"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pats made Cousins look bad, were efficient on offense but not amazing, and slowly choked the life out of the Vikings.

A fun game.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Bradshaw blaming Rodgers 100%.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets have moved up to a top 3 pick. :toot:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans are back

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think I'm probably broke brained from watching the pre-2008 Ravens but something about the Run The Dang Ball And Play Defense philosophy makes me feel warm and tingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

Browns, drat, that was ugly. At least you adjusted after the half but goddamn. Goddamn. The score should have been 20-29 at least. 3 Ints for Baker suck since they came back to hurt.

Well, it was gonna be difficult, so let's hope the Browns come back next week.

That first half was pure rear end but the second half was the first time in forever that I I've actually seen them make real adjustments and cone out like an entirely different team. It was great to see Baker snap back into it after the rough start too.