Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
uh oh i've seen enough samurai movies to know where this is going

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Same typo again, I will fix it later.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

R.L. Stine posted:

uh oh i've seen enough samurai movies to know where this is going

He confesses to his dad, who then commits seppuku, along with the mother. Tohru takes the blame to throw the investigation into disarray

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Clearly the answer is to protect yourself from the Neet... just a bit of self-defense.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Cdi-i zelda voice: good.

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
are we gonna follow this guy for 50 pages now

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already
he's gonna go on a 50 page internal dialogue that ends up with him deciding against some kind of murder spree because NEET threw him a bone on the bug report

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
This actually does a pretty great job of realistically depicting QA, at least here in the US. If you work for a company that has bug quotas for their QA, then people absolutely do underhandedly steal bugs like this. It's a great way to get hated and ostracized by all your coworkers. NEET's response is, conversely, very accurate for how QA testers tend to act at companies that DON'T have quotas. In those cases people will give each other bugs all the time in this exact way - could be that the other tester has more experience with the type of bug at hand, or they're in a more convenient place to test around the bug, or hell it could just be you're feeling too lazy to write the bug report.

Needless to say, there can be an absolute ton of dissonance / whiplash when going between these two types of companies.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

The true Japanese response in this situation now is for this dude to get boiling mad at Tohru for making him feel shame. Why, no, I don't have a Japanese wife, why would you think that?

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

This actually does a pretty great job of realistically depicting QA, at least here in the US. If you work for a company that has bug quotas for their QA, then people absolutely do underhandedly steal bugs like this. It's a great way to get hated and ostracized by all your coworkers. NEET's response is, conversely, very accurate for how QA testers tend to act at companies that DON'T have quotas. In those cases people will give each other bugs all the time in this exact way - could be that the other tester has more experience with the type of bug at hand, or they're in a more convenient place to test around the bug, or hell it could just be you're feeling too lazy to write the bug report.

Needless to say, there can be an absolute ton of dissonance / whiplash when going between these two types of companies.

Which ones were most likely to criticize you for pooping, though? :thunk:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Though it might take another decade, I have faith that our tireless translators will one day catch up to daiisuke.

When that day comes, will you feel guilt for legally not having put enough into people's Patreon accounts? Will you feel somehow shameful for having taken these comics even though they were freely given?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

I think this might be more the sound of like building emotional tension, but I don't know what that would sound like in English.

dirby posted:

Though it might take another decade, I have faith that our tireless translators will one day catch up to daiisuke.

When that day comes, will you feel guilt for legally not having put enough into people's Patreon accounts? Will you feel somehow shameful for having taken these comics even though they were freely given?

Aww, thank you!
At this rate, I'll only catch up only if Daiisuke takes some breaks. But at least we're not falling behind!
If we did start catching up, we might have to do some filler arcs. Maybe an arc where we follow some fake psychic around for a few years or one where NEET battles vampires?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

dirby posted:

Thanks for the shoutout! This is the best thread on the forums. :cool:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

For the curious...

No, I can't read it! :monocle:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I could read yours though. :witch:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh godddd log in and see

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The question is, will he be banned for rmt now or will he sell his silver drop first?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
These cliffhangers are killing me lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

super sweet best pal posted:

The question is, will he be banned for rmt now or will he sell his silver drop first?

Silver drop isn't transferable. It'd mean selling his account. That would be a pretty seismic shift in his life

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

Silver drop isn't transferable. It'd mean selling his account. That would be a pretty seismic shift in his life

It would be funny if he sold his account just before it got banned.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Okay at least we now know that millionaire neet is not necessarily dead, Tohru just looks like that when he sleeps

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I'm gonna cry

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Look at that wise face of understanding that actually has *some* wisdom and understanding behind it. Our boy's growing up

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
We've been on this good per-son streak for a long time now though. When's the other shoe gonna drop

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

I love the speech bubble overlapping the other guy’s face

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pyknosis posted:

We've been on this good per-son streak for a long time now though. When's the other shoe gonna drop

It's a morality tale. The better he does at work the better his life becomes. Having one branch of the story were he un-neets and becomes a respectable member of society makes sense.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's a morality tale. The better he does at work the better his life becomes. Having one branch of the story were he un-neets and becomes a respectable member of society makes sense.

From my reading I have always thought it to be about the trappings of .. well being a NEET.

That the protagonist NEET is usually stuck in nonsensical circuler habits and thoughts, that he only really changes when he has to face life (aka get a job or deal with the consequence of his actions as a ex con).

So it makes total sense in the part time job and redemption route he does somewhat decent and in the other routes he is a goon. It is why in the millionaire route, that if he is not dead, that he will just become a heinous dick also.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Foul Ole Ron posted:

It is why in the millionaire route, that if he is not dead, that he will just become a heinous dick also.
To anyone afraid of spoilers from manga that hasn't been translated yet, this is just (reasonable) speculation and doesn't correspond to anything I would actually call a spoiler.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

dirby posted:

To anyone afraid of spoilers from manga that hasn't been translated yet, this is just (reasonable) speculation and doesn't correspond to anything I would actually call a spoiler.

I think we're all caught-up on the Millionaire timeline anyway, so even the translators and the people reading ahead don't know what's coming next.

Could be NEET's adventures in the afterlife.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Shadow0 posted:

I think we're all caught-up on the Millionaire timeline anyway, so even the translators and the people reading ahead don't know what's coming next.

Could be NEET's adventures in the afterlife.

My vote is for the daily life of a certain mortician

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Shadow0 posted:

This is correct. Still waiting to see what happens next with poor ole Millionaire NEET... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
It's just T-1000_finger_wag.gif and no text.