Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Time to settle down on the throne for a gigantic dump.

お疲れさまでした〜

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

He's gonna choke on the mochi and die THE END

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Disappointed he didn't go for the latest copy of "G-Cup Beauties".

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

"Oh! L" haha

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Thank god she's dressed this time.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Sister Make we love you!

(Brother Make is OK too)

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Give him a break, he's in his refractory period.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 24

First time I've encountered a 16-panel page. Breaking new ground here in the NEET thread.

Fortune for his "friend": https://e-uranai.net/uranai/event03/amp?l_name=%E8%8D%92%E5%B7%BB&f_name=%E9%81%94%E6%B2%BB&rad=1&num=1&rep=1&rei=1

Might supply some important clues for what happens next...

...or not

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Hot Stunt posted:

Niito o datta?

ニート ヲ ダシテ

niito (w)o dashite

"post neet"

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

I'm getting the suspicion that there is some awful vision or vortex or phenomenon or something lying ahead in the crime timeline NEET, such that whenever an eager young translator scans ahead to see what's coming, they are instantly vaporized into a cloud of microwaved natto fumes.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Days until dat rear end: 49

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

hyphz posted:

What are those in Japanese?

Not my 専, but a little research shows...

https://www.linguee.com/japanese-english/translation/%E3%83%96%E3%82%B9%E5%B0%82.html
https://www.linguee.com/english-japanese/search?source=japanese&query=%E3%83%87%E3%83%96%E5%B0%82
B専 same idea
ゲて物食い I guess coming from the disgust sound effect ゲ?

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

"Let's ride the train and molest people"

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

*michael drop*

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Shadow0 posted:

I had one. I very much did not like it.
You had to first fill the bathtub. Wait. Turn on the heating element. Wait. - Sometimes you forget about it, and suddenly you've made it waaaaaay too hot.
If you didn't forget, then you go in and splash yourself with a bucket of water, soap up, and use the bucket again.
IIrc, the tub itself wasn't particularly comfortable if you actually tried to get in it.
I eventually found an adapter to convert it into a shower, but the heater couldn't keep up with the water flow.
It's mostly fine in Summer, but Winter sucks.
In short - it's fun as a novelty; not so much as a daily thing, imo.

In general, my apartment didn't have hot water (or any kind of heating at all), so I had to buy a heating device so my fingers didn't freeze washing dishes in Winter.
Japanese homes (at least in my area) were built only with Summer in mind.

Sounds like you had something pretty primitive -- many or most places will have instant-on hot water, and automated systems for the tub that get the temperature right and maintain the water level. Also, you don't fill and drain it every day, you clean yourself outside the tub then get in to soak. Unless you have a huge family it takes a while to get soupy, so you clean it once a week or so. Also you get a cover for the tub to keep the latent heat in when you are not using it. As part of your daily routine, you "turn on" the tub ahead of time from a panel in your kitchen and then it will announce when it has reached temperature. Then you finish your breakfast, wash, get in, get out, cover it up and turn it off.

That said, during the heat of summer, who wants a hot bath. During the winter, sometimes you find you are sharing the tub with a mesh bag of mikan.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Returning to the comic, I thought the stage hand might be saying something to the equivalent of "Thank you for your work today, Mr. Enami", but obsessing over it for the last several hours I've come to the conclusion that she's actually extending a kind of thanks to Takakura on Enami's behalf--"Mr. Enami appreciates you agreeing to be here today."

(I think the back of the head in the first panel is Enami's and the stage-hand is addressing him.)

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Looks like it's time for Touru to do his patented "throw the investigation into disarray" move now.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Hot Stunt posted:

If you are fired you get to stay home playing games all day while scowling at workers and school children through your bedroom window.

This is what I do now that I'm retired, and let me tell you, it OWNS.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

C'mon, keep the fake-out going...

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Haifisch posted:

Yes, who could have possibly seen something like this coming? You're on a show about proving ghosts are real or something and they asked you how you see auras and they were prepared for what was probably the most obvious answer to that question.

On the other hand, in shame-oriented cultures you can rely on people not exposing you because they're the ones everyone will get made at for causing you to lose face.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

He was also on the hook, too, for supervising these two monkeys. He coulda been reprimanded as well...

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Man, that panel cuts me deep. Poor Tachibana... he's too classy to ever mention his sacrifice to Tohru and Izawa. That gets me right in the feels. :smith:

He didn't sacrifice himself, he's in charge of them so he had no choice but to take responsibility and get punished as well. The question is whether Tohru realizes that his actions have consequences beyond himself...

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

(It's "self-deprecating", by the way.)

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Revins posted:

"This is bullshit, you're all bullshit, I'm leaving bye"

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

In English, the phrase is usually "May-December", but some authors will move the months around to make small jokes based on people's familiarity with the expression. (Like, "I'm not that old, more like 'May-November' har har".)

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

What's Japanese for "I hate to see you go but I love to watch you leave!"

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

離れたくないけど、そのケツ見てるのが大好きだ。:cool:
"hanaretakunai kedo, sono ketsu miteru noga dai-suki da!"

"I don't want to be separated, but I love watching that rear end." I don't know how to make it subtle. :shrug:

ナイス!

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

ALFbrot posted:

Oda has one foot iamb in the poet timeline

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Related: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1994/03/15/Japanese-father-tries-again-to-name-his-son-Devil/3516763707600/

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

So I'm too lazy to go back and look, but is this whole mini-arc revolving around the boys having a mix-up between "AI chat" (AI == romaji for あい == 愛 [love]) and "A.I. chat" (A.I. for "artificial intelligence")?

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's nice to think that there's someone for everyone

That said, is there not the same sense that you should avoid dating at the workplace in Japan as in the US? This seems like it could end badly

I could also believe these are just socially incompetent types who are driven to make bad decisions

Well, see, it's Japan, so if things work out well, they get married and the woman quits her job. If it doesn't work out well, the woman is subjected to relentless social pressure and quits her job. No issues at all

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Poor NEET was just trying to make conversation and the old bastard flips out on him

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

She teleported behind him

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

zmcnulty posted:

I've unfortunately read up to episode 6 (it ends at 7) of this crap and can assure you it's a waste of a time. It's a waste of time to read it in the first place, let alone translate the drat thing. Translating it can't be even remotely efficient considering it's all done MSPaint.

Goons don't need any additional insight into how NEETs live, just open any E/N thread with a basement-dwelling 30-something retail or call center goon describing themselves as "smart but lazy," then take away the job.

Quoting this burning hot take from page 1 for posterity

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

What's Japanese for "spit-take"?

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

...wonder what's for lunch?

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

This is the music I hear over the last panel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqg3l3r_DRI

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

"I'll get your father to do it --

父さ〜〜ん!"

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 94

同じ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyronMulch