Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

he didn't even have a murder weapon on hand, so it's not like all of that thinking could have ever been more than idle speculation on his part.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

onsetOutsider posted:

tbh i was thinking about being like "i'll do a bonus panel for every $5 u donate to lowtax" or something, but realized i dont know how to actually confirm that kind of thing

people could take screenshots of their donation receipts, or something

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pope Guilty posted:

In a better world he's inspired to do nice things for people.

yeah but through democracy we decided for him to be a terrible person. presumably if we instead voted for him to get a job, he would be taking the same long meandering path, but towards becoming a responsible person

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah, he would have put off fantasizing about copying a historical murderer for at least a week

wow, you think he'd get a retail job that fast?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

that creep is gonna kill his mom with poison isn't he

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zoe posted:

I really like this dad and hope he doesn't die.

But I think I"d like him better if he was just like yeah bitch, I was on that computer. guess what, I bought that computer, I own that computer.

Part of what brought the NEET to where he is, is that his parents are overly indulgent

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

and to think, back when he was assessing what crime to do, he could have picked the cool crime of robbery instead...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Arson? I guess he wouldn't be able to keep paying rent anyways after the murders, since he doesn't have a job...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SerCypher posted:

He's just making them sad :(

he's making me sad too! :(

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

don't go killing the golden goose here, be nice to the gentle poster who is doing us the solid of translating this bizarre and embarrassing melodrama

thank you mr. steak

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

aw man.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

someone awful. posted:

:dogbutton:

he actually did it

or maybe papa here committed suicide, hard to say. we will see shortly.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Miss posted:

a goon who can't even murder his famil. a shameful goon

I mean, as a consequence of his actions and murderous intent, his parents are dead. It's virtually the same as killing them, it just didn't play out exactly according to keikaku*.

*keikaku means plan

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ruggan posted:

Well now I'm positive I don't want to go to prison in Japan

I dunno, it doesn't seem so bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwI2D1hJd0

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

False impersonation of a Korean

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

guys... I think tohru might be a huge dumbass

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if Tohru will get around to questioning how he would even survive as a fugitive. Because he really doesn't seem like he'd enjoy living as a homeless outcast. They don't get to play a lot of video games. He'd probably get even worse than prison food from what he could scavenge.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I hope his cool weird friend figures out Tohru is suicidal and pushes him down a life-affirming trajectory. Alternatively, if he really wants to die, that guy did make him the friendly offer to end his life

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mr. Steak posted:

i would love that gang tag.

so yeah i didn't make up "gay baby jail" nor expect such a crazy response to it lmao.

the original joke was a really funny japanese pun that would mean nothing to y'all so i changed it.
the japanese word for prison is 刑務所 (pronounced kay-moo-show). the real prison nickname in the comic is ゲイ務所 (gay-moo-show) so yeah lol

trying to keep it a pun, the best I can come up with is algaytraz

there's gotta be something better

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

someone awful. posted:

I hope weird psychic guy never stops loving with tohru

he's easily the breakout character of the comic so far imo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Grevling posted:

The NEET looks like he aged more like 30 years.

Prison probably does that to you. All the stress of being locked up compounded with the crushing guilt from your ample time to spend reflecting on how you drove your parents to their death. Which is now something he can do after suddenly developing a sense of decency.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Got to hand it to the writer of the comic, I didn't foresee myself rooting for the NEET so soon.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Is this the end of this branch? I think it might just be the end of the prison portion of this branch, which will continue into his post prison life.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Allegedly, Japan's a country where people are known to reliably return lost wallets with all the money intact. What rotten luck for Tohru here.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

that pickpocket is pretty good with his hands if he can not only retrieve the envelope, but also its contents in the space of 1 second while wearing gloves no less

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

fisting by many posted:

Tohru worked for ten years and ends up with nothing.

The moral is, never work.

Hey now, he might still have his work ethic. Can't pickpocket that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Resting Lich Face posted:

We just saw he doesn't.

Give him a break, it's his first day out. He is entitled to eat a steak and spend an evening playing games.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

looks more like cod roe udon

I am also jealous

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

He is not only taking it all, I bet he's setting her up to be the fall girl. After all, NEET will remember bumping into her, but he never saw the pickpocket. He will probably remember something about pickpockets intentionally colliding with people and arrive at a half truth.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i'm the little rivulet of drool in panel 3

That is literally the most sexually charged thing the man has seen in over a decade.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

you know, NEET could do worse than working for a ramen shop, it fits his pre-prison interests at any rate

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mr. Steak posted:

what im hearing is i need to slow the gently caress down or y'all will be disappointed

you son of a bitch

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The thing I like about this story is that it is the story of a lovely person who experiences true suffering and genuinely changes for the better because of it. Even now he is showing remorse and awareness of the feelings of others that he never would have as a 29 year old NEET.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Those kids (uncle's grandchildren?) were probably born while Tohru was in prison, and after his parents were dead. They likely do not know he exists, and may not even be aware that there was a murder/suicide in the family. The uncle would probably prefer if they just didn't know he exists, because it would mean he would have to explain all of those things to them.

I guess that would make those kids his cousins once removed.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

24 thousand dollars is a nice sum to restart a life with. And he doesn't have to worry about his parents ailing in their old age. Things could be a lot worse for NEET.

... Assuming he doesn't squander the money falling into old habits or that he isn't pickpocketted again. Hopefully he has the sense to go to the bank.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

FormaldehydeSon posted:

impressive... so jail does work?

we'll see. I'm guessing reintegrating into society isn't necessarily gonna be smooth sailing. who's going to hire him? how's he going to get an apartment? a government ID? I rather doubt there's some kind of jobs program in Japan for people in his position

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Perfection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Metropolitan areas