Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Mr. Steak posted:

i appreciate this by the way. i *am* planning on coming back, probably relatively soon. and that'll probably take the form of posting part-timer concurrently with sister make, because she seems to be having a lot of fun and i wouldnt want to selfishly take that back from her.

once i catch up to the manga im translating (12 more chapters!) which should ideally take less than a week to do, i'll suddenly for the first time in like a year, only be responsible for one chapter per week. so my time should open up enough for posting part-timer on a semi-consistent basis. (or maybe i'll start sooner because i'm drat impatient)

and yes i understand that opinions are split on having two timelines in one thread, but suck it up cuz i'm gonna do it. i'll make a thin red banner at the top of each post or something so you vile inattentive creatures can tell the difference.

i appreciate this post too, because i embrace the shitposts and never wanted the thread to get too serious, but also there's a limit. the spamposting of MORE NEET MORE NEET started in a way that was completely deserved. people would post it when i was slacking on my schedule, and they were right to do so. it actually encouraged me to get off my rear end and post more. but, to be perfectly honest i did get a little fed up with it once people started ironically posting it immediately after an update, or in lieu of actually commenting on the updates themselves. when i logged in to see 7 new comments on my thread, only to discover they were all the same quote-post of a gif demanding more neet, that was *not* very motivating.
FCC
and now that sister make has taken over, and she has been doing (with no exaggeration) a truly spectacular job of translating and posting consistently, seeing people continue the heckling targeted at her has made me genuinely angry at times. for me, it was deserved. for her, i dont find it very funny anymore. at the very least, give a "lol this update is great" before quoting the gif or begging for more. because that shows you appreciate what she's doing.

I think a second thread would be better, that way it's easier to keep everything straight. Especially if someone wants to read your posts only, or only wants to read one arc at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Are there trails for the other lottery options or were they all dead ends?

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I'm the messed up platypus fish thing.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
It's actually a different guy with a similar name. He isn't in the credits at all.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Its the end of him being a NEET. Now its the daily life of a certain salaryman.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Male Tears posted:

Fava Quest will turn out to be this universe's Star Citizen.

Favapunk 2077

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I wonder if that internal monolog was actually external thanks to the booze.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

You could read this one either direction and it works lol

Efb

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
A blog about trying to figure out what to blog about

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I seem to remember that the crimeline is about to wrap up, is it possible to get both paths translated simultaneously once it does? Whatever winds up getting chosen I don't want to have to wait years to see what happens in the other. :pray:

And I ask this as someone who was opposed initially to multiple timelines in one thread.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Remember that he was taking on extra hours and stuff to make more money. I think his job was originally 10-6. Still a LOL that an 8 hour day is part time, of course.

This is all assuming he works 5+ days per week. He might only be working 2 or 3 officially and be picking up extra shifts.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

"Then let's use your picture, Oda."

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Helios Grime posted:

Can you please localize the Korean lettuce?
Otherwise I won't be able to follow the plot of this comic at all.

Korean lettuce IS the localized version. Originally it was Australian lettuce.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Man, this author sure hates NEETs for supposedly being one, in a way that feels beyond self loathing.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Current part timer neet isn't technically a neet though. Just looking at all of the branches where somebody goes full goblin mode they're killers and slimeballs. I mean its entertaining as heck in all cases, some of it felt especially pointed to me.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Watch it turn out the news article was a fake and the poster was trolling him.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Hot Stunt posted:

Had the victims' names though.

Wait, did it? I thought it just said 3 victims and approximate ages.

Edit: oh you're right! Nevermind, this guy is done for.

hydroceramics fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 25, 2023

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
When I woke up to 55 new posts in the NEET thread I knew something crazy had happened.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

Plus theres two girls on the way to pummel him for unrelated gamer toxicity

I bet they're involved in the police finding his confession so quickly.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Space Kablooey posted:

i was hoping sara would go on the warpath IRL but i'll take that too

She's about to lay out her master plan that went into effect 30 minutes ago.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I think its great that Daisuke can see reactions to this kind of thing years after he published it on a completely different continent. I wish he would post more lmao I want to know what he thinks of what we think.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Samuel Glompers posted:

It's a dangerous game though. Ultimately an authour should never give a gently caress about what their readers think and just go for it, you don't want your fans to wind up being editors

True. I'm just really curious about the difference between the intended impact vs how it actually lands here.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Plant MONSTER. posted:

she looks so sketched out. like she's onto something.

It's been a while on our side of things, but he ran into her and the bald guy on a date yesterday their time.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Gauru is about to get hellcamped and go running to the police for help, forgetting he's on the lam.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

AARD VARKMAN posted:

is our neet about to be rewarded for his hard work without even needing to ask????

If by rewarded you mean downsized.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Feels like there's a missing panel...

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Xenocides posted:

Does curling lead to cuddling?

Curdling, maybe.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

The Daily Life of a Certain NEET: He hasn't learned anything

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Accidentally read this one western style.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Brother Make posted:

I wasn't sure if the "ding" sound effect is for a starting bell or something or for "inching forward". It also appears when Touru just stands there in the beginning. I went with the shorter option, but I thought I'd mention it might be that.

Could be the sound of the bell that starts and ends rounds. Time may have run out.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Haifisch posted:

"Yes, that's right, I lost on purpose to make the newbie feel better. I'm not mad. I'm not owned."

This isn't blood in my mouth, its magnanimity wine.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Ultraklystron posted:

He's on the run for an arson and a double homicide, and he's still like "I'm gonna get revenge on my MMO guild members."

It's almost too accurate to real life.

Triple homicide! :eng101:

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Moon Slayer posted:

Let he who has not rage-smashed multiple monitors because of an MMO cast the first stone.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Pham Nuwen posted:

NEET artist can get fingers right with gently caress'n MS Paint but AI can't manage it no matter what.

just joshin around

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Wrong. Izawa is his first trainee.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Space Kablooey posted:

hes gonna flush whatever money he would get from that pile of junk in the arcade wont he

I'm going to go the optimistic route and say he's going to get a job there being their resident Comic Book Guy.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Space Kablooey posted:

this is fail neet we're talking about

Hey man maybe he can fail upwards for once

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Ready to fight absolutely everybody.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Shadow0 posted:

He won the lottery once.

He has also committed self self defense repeatedly in the criminal timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Leroy Dennui posted:

the ending was such a wet fart that I felt like I ended up wasting my time with everything preceding it

So, a bog-standard anime/manga, then?