Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hello and greetings from your new The Book Barn mod! A special welcome/welcome back to our reddit refugees, who still want to book despite the ongoing blackout over on le. Hope you stick around some, say hi in the General Chat thread

By way of a brief introduction, I read just about everything, especially lit, horror, SFF, and nonfiction. I'm a science nerd and natural history is my personal specialty. Because I read and write so much as a day job reading for pleasure is something that takes me a little more time than our esteemed Book Lords.

HA put together an excellent couple of welcome posts and I can't think of anything to add to them, so read those over. Should those few rules seem excessive, fear not! We now have a book chat forum with more of a FYAD-lite rule set, the Scholastic Book Fair! Go check it out, compare and contrast their Warhammer thread with that in the Barn, see what floats your boat! They also have a Chinese poetry thread that some folks rate very highly.

Don't see a discussion that you want to have? :justpost: If you aren't sure feel free to reach out to me. Also, any and all suggestions you have for some thing you might want to see happen in the forum, be they events, or fundraisers, send me your thoughts.

Now back to my reading, its in a good part...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

If you wish for tags or titles of threads to be changed to something new, please report the suggestion so that I can find it easily. I do try to keep up with all of the threads but some get a lot of traffic (looking at you Star Wars book thread ;) ) so I might miss something.