Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This card has it all folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Lethwei fight was legit fun. Especially the opening 7 minute round.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

That Fight Circus 3 main event is the ideal thing to show people when they think they can 2v1 a UFC fighter.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

That Fight Circus 3 main event is the ideal thing to show people when they think they can 2v1 a UFC fighter.

I didn't see it but oh no

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
ONE FC signed Andre Galvao

and to promote this they chose the photo that best demonstrates their testing policies

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Memento posted:

ONE FC signed Andre Galvao

and to promote this they chose the photo that best demonstrates their testing policies

Can’t wait to see his flyweight debut against Mighty Mouse

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1458185416952197125?t=ytimGGSbRFtKdoU4117paA&s=19

I recognize these words but this tweet makes no sense.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
2 minute rounds -- the perfect crossover time between a 3 min boxing round and 5 min MMA round.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

So what drugs made this possible? It can't just be cocaine I feel.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

2 minute rounds -- the perfect crossover time between a 3 min boxing round and 5 min MMA round.

Also inside a triangular ring, the perfect compromise between a 4-sided ring and 8-sided octagon. Are the crossover gloves finger cots?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I think it means you get to dip your gloves in broken glass or whatever

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Well apparently the rules set is basically boxing plus spinning backfists and clinching.

https://youtu.be/iAIzG2CAX-k

Also holy poo poo the rest of this card. And apparently there will be mini Metallica concert somewhere during

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1458181081707032584?t=uMb7xbLLtezTKCdRZPAkug&s=19

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Let them punch anywhere but the MMA foul areas, imo.
Doesn't really change effective stuff, but I want people to have the option.

Also, didn't some other promotion's triangle arena show that it was a grappler's paradise, cuz it's harder to circle out of the 60deg corner?
That with unlimited clinching sounds like a potential snooze.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

kimbo305 posted:

Let them punch anywhere but the MMA foul areas, imo.
Doesn't really change effective stuff, but I want people to have the option.

Also, didn't some other promotion's triangle arena show that it was a grappler's paradise, cuz it's harder to circle out of the 60deg corner?
That with unlimited clinching sounds like a potential snooze.

I wanna say that was Dada's thing and it was more due to the fight discipline differences. The people with grappling experience were just better trained.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
fat shitrione

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Bellator 271 is tonight

Main event is Cyborg vs Sinead Kavanagh

Also on the card is Tyrell Fortune vs Linton Vassell, Aaron Pico in action, and some other stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lets go Cyborg!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
T H U G J U G

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

LobsterMobster posted:

T H U G J U G

extremely DC voice

THUG JUG!

THUG JUG!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
God drat what a punch and follow up knee
https://twitter.com/AlexBehunin/status/1459335695797927936?s=20
All hail THUG JUG

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
fuckin ruthless :stare:

e] dang these girls are slangin"

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 13, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
weird finish of the year
https://mobile.twitter.com/Barrelelapierna/status/1462432092277678085

guy breaks his tibia on other guy's skull

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pamela Springstein posted:

weird finish of the year
https://mobile.twitter.com/Barrelelapierna/status/1462432092277678085

guy breaks his tibia on other guy's skull

but did he win

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1462568224860643333?t=zBiivnF69BUpX1GfZ7MMhA&s=19

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Was that a stipulation of the re-signed fight?
I see the bigger mat and corner posts -- that's what everyone else fought in, right?

50yo wheezing: I'm not stuck in here with you; you're stuck in here -- ah gently caress, better bite you before I get KOed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Didn’t get knocked out, didn’t lose. *taps noggin*

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Big Dan Miragliota pulling a Big Dan with Mir and just watching a man die

https://streamable.com/wpkmfc

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I don't think I've ever seen someone do the Mortal Kombat "finish him" sway so perfectly in a real fight before

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Frank Mir has entered that "professional fighters you could conceivably beat in a fight" tier and it's deeply, deeply tragic.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

mir is bad, but pulev is 28-2 and only lost to klitchsko and anthony joshua

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Just from that clip, what is the concession to MMA fighters again? Continued striking from the clinch?
Punching only, I think MMA gloves gives an edge to boxers who will do more damage with their punches, even if they need to adjust their defense for it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Just from that clip, what is the concession to MMA fighters again? Continued striking from the clinch?
Punching only, I think MMA gloves gives an edge to boxers who will do more damage with their punches, even if they need to adjust their defense for it.

Punching from an active clinch, plus backfists and superman punches are allowed

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Punching from an active clinch, plus backfists and superman punches are allowed

Superman punches aren't allowed in regular boxing? what? How's the rule phrased?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

Superman punches aren't allowed in regular boxing? what? How's the rule phrased?

think it has something to do with leaving the feet to throw?

e: i am not an expert on which strikes are legal in boxing, just saying when they showed what was allowed in triller triad combat club, they showed the normal assortment of punches (jab, cross, hook, uppercut, bolo) and then were like "also allowed are spinning backfists and superman punches" as if those are special mma allowances

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 28, 2021

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Huh, weird.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

anyway this happened on rizin's first cage event

https://twitter.com/rizin_English/status/1464852934752145408

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Also, the thing about a superman punch, is that it's based off a feigned kick. Which kind of needs kicks to be legal in order to work...

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Are they gonna do mixed cage/ring stuff like ONE or are the switching completely to cage events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

mir is bad, but pulev is 28-2 and only lost to klitchsko and anthony joshua

oh yeah, it's not that Pulev isn't serious competition, it's that before Pulev had even landed on him Mir was moving, punching and breathing like he was underwater

every punch he threw looked like the punch Todd Duffee threw against him that got him murdered