Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

my kinda ape posted:

They're not actively trying to gently caress them but until very recently they've put in little to no effort to court these areas. That IS beginning to change I think and that's great, but it's going to take quite a while to have an effect. Having the attitude where you say poo poo like

is counterproductive and lovely. That's my whole argument. Acting like people from a certain area are unworthy subhumans isn't going to get any of them that are otherwise sympathetic to your positions to go out and vote. They'll just stay home and let the chuds vote.

So supporting and financing the program's I mentioned is "little to no support"?

Hillary said the deplorable thing but I'm not otherwise seeing some massive DNC departure of their welfare and relief program support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It really is telling that you can back all kinds of stuff that tangibly improves if not outright supports the lives of rurals and get no credit for it but the moment you do anything that says "don't be a goddamn bigot" like stronger hate crime laws or adding sexual orientation or gender identity to the protected classes you're telling rurals they can all gently caress off and die.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I know right. Cities have been under fire for decades. About god damned time we fired back with dismissive posts on a dead gay comedy forum.

I came from the rural. I can honestly and faithfully say, gently caress those people and gently caress those areas.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

KirbyKhan posted:

I came from the rural. I can honestly and faithfully say, gently caress those people and gently caress those areas.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

That Works posted:

So supporting and financing the program's I mentioned is "little to no support"?

Hillary said the deplorable thing but I'm not otherwise seeing some massive DNC departure of their welfare and relief program support.

The DNC was not supporting candidates in red states and was focusing almost entirely on national elections pre-2016 because it wasn't worth the money/effort. They seem to have gotten the idea now that that may have been a poor long-term strategy and have changed direction somewhat but some of you seem to think that's still the way to go I guess.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

my kinda ape posted:

some of you seem to think that's still the way to go I guess.

No one said this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

My biggest takeaway from 2016 is that there were an awful lot of people, some of whom I know very well, who were just waiting for someone to tell them it was ok to openly hate minorities again.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

That Works posted:

No one said this

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

That Works posted:

No one said this

How is that not the logical outcome of that attitude? If you actually think those areas are populated by people not worth your time then why would you waste your energy and resources there? That doesn't make any sense.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hillary opening up on the 'deplorables' was not a good election move but was also completely truthful.

Dems focusing on identity politics ignored regional issues that shouldn't be ignored but it doesn't mean it was not a morally good thing to do.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

my kinda ape posted:

How is that not the logical outcome of that attitude? If you actually think those areas are populated by people not worth your time then why would you waste your energy and resources there? That doesn't make any sense.

Abolish welfare, a noted Democratic position.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

:same:

It was really punctuated in the few times over the holidays talking to in-laws when the :decorum: mask drops and they wonder why where they live outside of St Louis everyone loves the cops and ARE TROOPS, but not in the city

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My Droogs

I'm kinda too tired and high to process anything about this page other than that it sucks. So maybe try to post a bit better about current events before I start hitting buttons.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Back to current events

https://twitter.com/DVNT_Pinkie/status/1079408064556658688

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

I know right. Cities have been under fire for decades. About god damned time we fired back with dismissive posts on a dead gay comedy forum.

E: Content:

Ransomware took down the plant that prints the LA times, making history as the most anachronistic attack on an ICS.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/30/business/media/los-angeles-times-cyberattack.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 30, 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I honestly thought Quiznos went out of business like 15 years ago

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Quiznos > Jareds' Spot

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There are three Subways at work. I've started eating there after not having it for the last uh...10 years? 12?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

There are three Subways at work. I've started eating there after not having it for the last uh...10 years? 12?

Literally every subway sandwich tastes the same, regardless of what you have. Veggie delight? Same as the grilled chicken or steak.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Didn't realize you were into self abuse like that.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

psydude posted:

Literally every subway sandwich tastes the same, regardless of what you have. Veggie delight? Same as the grilled chicken or steak.

Well, as far as the meats go, they're all turkey. I don't know why veggies would taste like turkey though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I guess today I found out that you can sell turkey that looks like roast beef and chicken and market it as roast beef and chicken even if it’s turkey.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Quiznos is fine if you are hung over and want a giant sandwich with ranch and fake guacamole squirted all over it. Wherever that lands on the scale for you, that's where Quiznos belongs. Airports, strip mall hell, truck stops, etc.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've eaten a lot of Subway over the years. I personally think it's fine. Haven't had Quiznos in a few years because the vast majority of them closed.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GoGoGadget posted:

Well, as far as the meats go, they're all turkey. I don't know why veggies would taste like turkey though.

When it's stored improperly and spends a few days getting dripped on by turkey

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

Quiznos is fine if you are hung over and want a giant sandwich with ranch and fake guacamole squirted all over it. Wherever that lands on the scale for you, that's where Quiznos belongs. Airports, strip mall hell, truck stops, etc.

I think most quiznos I've seen are in airports, train stations or malls.

They're kinda like sbarro then, though quiznos is actually ok if overpriced whereas sbarro is garbage.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

hobbesmaster posted:

They're kinda like sbarro then, though quiznos is actually ok if overpriced whereas sbarro is garbage.

Yeah, having just spent a couple of days driving on the interstates for the holidays, a lot of service plazas in the Ohio/Pennsylvania/Virginia area had Quiznos in them. Also Sbarro, now that I think about it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

They used to have more sites in strip malls and similar but closed most of them in their bankruptcy a few years ago.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I seem to recall an article about sbarro going through similar dire straits (idr if it was bankruptcy or not), they kept basically only the airports and similar locations because that real estate is worth a lot and even mediocre product moves so long as you keep the place open to hold down the lease.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

drat it hosed up the probation :effort:

Lol did you get the wrong person?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Notes expert Michael Scott said that Sbarro's is authentic New York pizza and that's good enough for me.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

I forgot about Sbarro then this post reminded me of another reason to hate Donald J Trump.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/0ect4f/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-me-lover-s-pizza-with-crazy-broad

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I dunno what actual REAl AMERICAN subway is like but NZ subway is pretty dang tasty, and they use actual meat. I mean I'm pretty sure they do...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gimme sommadat Iraq subway tuna

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

shame on an IGA posted:

Thanks to whover bought an even more hyperbolic successor to one of my favorite emotes:

:yikes:
:ohno:

Came out of the PYF Dangerous Chemistry thread.

Time for fun year-in-review stuff.

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1079105735441690625

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvnnGm9Bk00

https://twitter.com/Scarfolk/status/1079323053019017216

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Soulex posted:

Oh that’s um quite the concept ah... uh... I’m getting cramps just thinking about it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Soulex posted:

halal as gently caress

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That said the sickest I got on deployment was at Subway. Stood in line for 20 minutes to give myself mud butt and a light fever.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Brute Squad posted:

Came out of the PYF Dangerous Chemistry thread.

Time for fun year-in-review stuff.

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1079105735441690625

Fuckin owns. I didn't know that Asian Confederate fanboy got arrested though, what a weird dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Slim Pickens posted:

Fuckin owns. I didn't know that Asian Confederate fanboy got arrested though, what a weird dude

clayton bigsby had friends