Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

So... that's a thing. Fifth Fleet commander found dead in Bahrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

I wish Jacques Cousteau was still alive :(

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

And so, like any three-latter acronym, it goes here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfdzBelNmcw

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

ded posted:

ya what is this crazy poo poo where states with 10 people have the same say as a state with 5 million i mean geez what were the founding fathers smoking

They were thinking, "Holy gently caress, how do we get Rhode Island and Delaware to sign off on this poo poo?" I think that's an exact Madison quote.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Being old is bad. Full stop.

I have to concur. I'm 50 and it sucks already.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

orange juche posted:

Wasn't the Sprint missile designed as a terminal high altitude defense system? I.E. hitting a bullet with a bullet?

E: very terminal high altitude defense lol, it was supposed to intercept an RV in the last 37 miles before impact, where the incoming RV is moving at over 5 miles a second.

Sprint was the emergency backstop for Spartan, a much longer-range missile that was supposed to get exoatmospheric kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Gozer worshippers, clearly.