Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Fallom posted:

Appealing to the family's emotions while coming up with a charge that's impossible to prove seems like win-win for a DA to me

Doesn't seem impossible to prove to me, but I clearly don't have your expertise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
e: already covered

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I'm not going to be mad at Trump for withdrawing troops from Syria, I mean for Christ's sake. Even if he did make the decision on a phone call with Erdogan, the abuse of the 2001 AUMF has to stop somewhere.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Fallom posted:

I uh

I would not bet that anybody over there is interested in "finishing the fight" adjacent to our two other forever wars

Yeah, it's a stupid argument that works for literally any military deployment whatsoever. "My buddy died of a pulmonary embolism while piloting a drone from a trailer in Nevada. If we stop remotely vaporizing civilians in countries we aren't at war with, his death will have been for nothing." Sometimes people die for dumb preventable reasons, life is unfair, deal with it.