Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Oh gently caress I thought he was holding a stripped barrel or something, that's a pistol isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

maffew buildings posted:

The only thing that could maybe stop the train with his base is video of secret meetings between Obama, Hillary and Trump this last week discussing how to eliminate Christmas, Christianity and steak. But they might 180 and go Hillary and Obama are cool, Christmas, Christianity and steaks bad because this crowd is final boss broke brained

In a complete coincidence, several days before the video leaks, Fox starts running pieces about the nefarious pagan origins of Christmas. Hannity starts dropping references about how he always thought there was something suspicious about it. Opinion columns in the WSJ decry that actually, Jesus Was No Angel. Social media is mysteriously inundated with thousands of identical posts of people tearing down Christmas decorations and boycotting nativity scenes. Within a week, Christmas is and always has been a wacky fringe holiday for liberal SJW snowflakes to whine about how you shouldn't mistreat immigrants and middle easterners.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

EBB posted:

barron, take a memo

dear diary

i was too upset to even sit at my desk and make stankface today

dictated but not read

alright get out of here kid

Nah, very busy with all this

https://twitter.com/POTUS_Schedule/status/1072847381098586113

Infrastructure stuff?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Handsome Ralph posted:

Basically, Band of Brothers the show is a fun watch and I enjoy it, but the book is garbage and routinely mocked within the academic military history community for being a really poo poo oral history.

I haven't read the book, but just from the TV series, I never got the impression that Sobel was a bad person as much as someone in over his head and doing the best that he knew how. He's not lazy or arrogant or malicious or anything, he just doesn't really know how to lead. David Schwimmer really helps sell it, he comes across as a guy with just enough self-awareness to know he's not cut out for it, and is terrified that he's going to get people killed because of it. It's really pretty sad.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

orange juche posted:

In news to make you feel like the world is not entirely poo poo

https://twitter.com/OwsWills/status/1074742485409247234

Gonna be a bit of a downer in 13 years when they unwrap a mint-condition hamster skeleton.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

He's accurately explaining that their main objection to it was the "Obama" part, I guess.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

hobbesmaster posted:

He was also a micromanager.

Like he was apparently the only president to crack open the SIOP and he did a very detailed analysis of it.

Thats cool and all except that means he spent days doing that instead of something else, you know?

If it was something like the fee schedule for rental cabins in Yosemite national park I might agree, but going over Uncle Sam's Grand Plan To End All Civilization probably rates some close attention from the guy who would be enacting it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Worth mentioning that if you're lol still in, American Express platinum card is free (they refund the annual fee) and has a ton of nice freebies like airport lounge access and $15 Uber credit every month.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Blind Rasputin posted:

Also incidentally for those with kids: when babies are born their peripheral nerves down to their arms and legs and sphincters are not yet insulated by the Schwann cells. It takes about 12-18 months for these cells to grow the length of the peripheral nerves and completely insulate them. Before this is done, nerve conduction is stupidly slow and the human is clumsy and incontinent. Once myelination has progressed enough, signal conduction jumps markedly and so does the human’s capabilities. A good rule of thumb in neurobiology is that once your baby is able to change directions quickly while running, they are also ready to be potty trained.

Oh wow. I always figured it was just the brain not being used to controlling a body; I had no idea there was actual physical structural changes at work as well. That's really cool.

Also, I was definitely expecting one of two things in that video: 1. a gator shows up and eats both of them, or 2. the raccoon starts trying to have sex with the iguana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

hobbesmaster posted:

I think most quiznos I've seen are in airports, train stations or malls.

They're kinda like sbarro then, though quiznos is actually ok if overpriced whereas sbarro is garbage.

Yeah, having just spent a couple of days driving on the interstates for the holidays, a lot of service plazas in the Ohio/Pennsylvania/Virginia area had Quiznos in them. Also Sbarro, now that I think about it.